Galaxys Edge Cast Hats?

Conook

Has anyone made any of the Galaxys edge cast hats? I am in particularly interested in the Chinese bamboo style hat. I am going down next month and wanted to try and have one made by then. Always looking for tips and hints.

Here is a picture of the hat I am looking for.
GE Hat.jpg

Conook

Has anyone made any of the Galaxys edge cast hats? I am in particularly interested in the Chinese bamboo style hat. I am going down next month and wanted to try and have one made by then. Always looking for tips and hints.

Here is a picture of the hat I am looking for.
View attachment 1249329

Conook
I'm in love with those hats. Apparently they don't sell them in the gift shop and the cast members get asked all the time.

wars-galaxys-edge-cast-members-costumes-villager-2.jpg
I think they are some kind of mesh stretch fabric with a trim around the edge. Some sort of liner to fit on the head. It looks like the dome shape is accomplished as the materials stretches around the top of the head when worn.

I think I know how it’s made, but I need to share some loose references so bare with me.

It might be constructed like this...

here is a military combination cap...

4.1.png

here is what the frame looks like this (note the round frame at the top to create a round shape)...
frame2.png

And the cover looks like...
covers1.png

ok.. now imagine the cover keeps the hole and band the same but increases the overall diameter of the circle. Then imagine they used a stretch mesh fabric, then imagine they inserted a round hoop frame to give it the round stiff shape.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back