Galactica Uniforms?

It's a nice looking site but I didn't look too much into I couldn't easily see pricing straight away which is an instant turn off for me.

Looking at the Design PDF - they're "O.K", but there's a few things that are off, and stick in my craw. I worked on Battlestar, and am fortunate enough to have the uniform I wore on the show.

Many of the photos on their website don't inspire a lot of confidence, and honestly, their dress greys are a hot mess.

And the patch material is wrong.

If you're looking to get a set of Duty Blues, like Apollo said, I don't think you're going to find anyone better than Anovos.

If you buy from Anovos, you'd getting a uniform that is made by the same company that made them for the show, using quality wool weaved by the same company that made it for the show (this is a custom wool that you cannot buy ANYWHERE, and is only made for use in Battlestar uniforms either by Anovos or NBC/Universal).

Everything about the Anovos uniforms is identical in every detail to the screen used original uniforms. They're more expensive, but you get what you pay for, and these things are worth every penny.

Also, Anovos holds the exclusive license to make the replica uniforms...so...technically, Galactica-Uniforms is in violation of copyright and the license...just saying.

Last edited:
Zeppos intent is to warn the OP that Anovos is making set ready Costumes and are licensed to do so.

The other.......................????????????????????????

As far who to chose is a no brainer one would think

Yes, because this forum is not, right? :lol

I like the work Anovos is doing and I wouldn't buy from GU because I don't think they sell screen accurate replicas. My point was simply that implying the copyright violation is like a joke on a forum like this one.

On the record, they are in copyright violation, but ...hey, look at this whole forum.

As a company, we take a very liberal "live and let live" stance and feel that the principles that Lucasfilm abides by with the 501st teaches us a lot about the propagation of fandom . I do not speak on behalf of NBC or Universal though - they have a much larger stake and as good partners to the studios, support any actions they have to take.

As for Anovos and the decisions a person makes in choosing the right outfit, we much rather hail to foundations of quality and accuracy ... letting the product speak for itself.

I will tell you that handling and currently staring at TOS Starbuck's original hero photoshoot warrior jacket and apollo's tunic and pant has given us perspective that most haven't had the opportunity to explore such as qualification of the actual suede used (which NO ONE has correct) or its weave, and the pattern subtleties that not even the best screencaps could capture, which we intend to replicate.

So, all together, the quality will speak for itself. I can tell you it will fit and drape extremely different than any other warrior outfit I have ever seen and even the best (begrudingly nodding at Shaunn L). This is in large part due to the fact that this massive undertaking means that we have to have thousands of yards of suede milled from scratch to meet our specifications on color, weight, weave, nap...etc..

Now if someone could tell me where the buckles are actually manufactured, I will be indebted ... (and having us indebted is a very good thing!)

Yes, because this forum is not, right? :lol

I totally get how that sounded. I think my original intention in what I said was "Why buy from those guys, when Anovos has the license and makes the best ones" I was very tired when I posted it :unsure

I will tell you that handling and currently staring at TOS Starbuck's original hero photoshoot warrior jacket and apollo's tunic and pant has given us perspective that most haven't had the opportunity to explore such as qualification of the actual suede used (which NO ONE has correct) or its weave, and the pattern subtleties that not even the best screencaps could capture, which we intend to replicate.

Very exciting times!!!

I hope so. And if Got Maul needs some buckles for the cause, I'll gladly part with some that I have on the shelf...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back