Galactica second coming viper helmet

john03834

Heres my screen used Battlestar Galactica viper helment used in Richard Hatches Second Coming movie trailer he made. It's the one he's wearing in the trailer and has been verified and signed by him also.

I love it

Re: Galactica second coming viper helment

Coolio.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see a proper sequel to the original series be made?

Thanks, I am a huge galactica fan. I got the icons viper model, and also have the the lithograph painting of every actor I could get on it signed. I also have the full colonial outfit, plus the second coming jacket but they are not screen used. Did used to have kropserkel cylone outfit too, but had to sell that years ago due to money needed.

sure, here you go.... heres 1 of the lithograph too. The white spot in the middle is the flash reflection from the camera, but you can see all the name on it

Re: Galactica second coming viper helment

Coolio.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see a proper sequel to the original series be made?

Not gonna happen at this point in time with the original actors. Everybody's too old or retired!

I've seen recent video of them (those who choose to remain reachable) and they're all looking pretty old.

IF it had taken off 10, even 15 years after the original show, yeah I could see Hatch AND Benedict in it but it's not gonna happen now.

I wish the SyFy series (god I hate that spelling!) hadn't been called Galactica as well but that's done and over. Some people accept it as New Coke, I don't one way or the other. I preferred the optimism and overall design-sense of the original series... Plus shaky-cam makes me nauseous!

Closest thing I think we'll see to the original series are the Second Coming Trailer (up on YouTube now; the 30-minute finished film is still locked in a vault somewhere) and views of the aborted DeSanto/Singer Galactica project which actually got to the point of set-building but collapsed under the weight of studio chaos after 9/11!
DeSanto/Singer Battlestar Galactica Slideshow - YouTube

To be honest, as much as Bryan Singer's past fantasy/sci-fi work has annoyed me with his lack of action directing-sense (X-Men movies) and his cloying tendency to stick TOO close to original material (a sequel film to Superman II 25 years later????) it did appear that at least aesthetically his Galactica looked like a true update of the original. It was familiar yet refreshed. None of this nonsense about "human Cylons" and the other junk I didn't care about in the "reimaginated" "Melrose Galactica".

Heres my screen used Battlestar Galactica viper helment used in Richard Hatches Second Coming movie trailer he made. It's the one he's wearing in the trailer and has been verified and signed by him also.

I love it

Dear John

I am Darren Merritt the person who made the Helmet Could you please
e-mail me I would like to talk to you about your helmet. Please I just want
to find out some information.

:lol It could be pretty bad to, as in "Give me my helmet back I did not autorize joe blow to sell it to you" :lol

I'm sure that is not the case here though

Thats pretty cool to have the creator of the helmet contact you re his stuff!!!

Hey John, great to see you showing off your stuff. Looks like my rewiring of the helmet is still holding up. :) Catch you around the hanger.
George

I love it

Dear John

I am very sorry I made a big mistake. Have I told you I had a stroke
back in 2005 and I don't remember alot from the last ten years but I do know that Helmet was made by Mark Shidler and He used a helmet aquired
by Larry Mager of Ill. I didnt realize that I had even said I made the Helmet, but I wanted to set the record straight. Thank You
Sincerely Darren

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back