Galactica nameplate decal - first attempt

Thanks, Karl!
Your pdf's came in handy when I used it as an overlay to check my redithered nameplate decal. The spacing on the original was all over the place (irregular) and they were helpful in cleaning up the original a bit in terms of straightness. The decal is almost done - now all I need is a finished model! :D
Andrew

Revisiting this thread, I completely forgot that I has speculated that the G nameplate I have could be the original (pilot movie) piece. I've gone over Phase Pistol's excellent comparison shot and I can't find any 'disqualifying' signs that they are separate pieces. In fact, things like the placement of the lettering within the rectangular and the spacing of the last 'C' and 'A' seem to point toward them being the same. Phase Pistol (or anyone else)- can you look at this again with your keen eye and give a second opinion?

It also seems logical to me that the model makers would have carefully put aside the original plate when they removed it to do the mods to the model for Living Legend, and then would have glued it back after. The only odd part seems to be that they would glue it back over the Pegasus plate (lazy?).

Also, can anyone provide a cleaner screen-shot from a source that might have come available in the last 6 years? I'd love to have a better clue as to whether or not this piece I have is the original.

Thanks!

Mark

Also- Phase Pistol, would you happen to have your name graphics in Corel Draw format? I need a vector version of 'GALACTICA' and my version of Corel can't seem to import the PDF properly.

Mark

Karl, can you make a pdf file with the numbers 0 through 9 also?
These would be helpful with a project of mine - giving a shuttle a different number than GAL 356.
Any help much appreciated,
Andrew

EDIT: already solved and no longer needed

Last edited:
Hey buddy! Thanks!

All I have to do now is get a good decal print going, the whole laserprinter decal printing doesn't have the resolution and results in 'steps' in the lines and lettering. Gotta learn how to print decals with an inkjet printer. Trial and error.

Greetings, mate!

Andrew- you might want to wait a few days; I'll be getting a Pantone color match for the lettering on the nameplate I have that came from the original model. Its a dark burgundy color with a little brown in it; not sure if you want to incorporate that into your color choice.

Mark

Andrew- you might want to wait a few days; I'll be getting a Pantone color match for the lettering on the nameplate I have that came from the original model. Its a dark burgundy color with a little brown in it; not sure if you want to incorporate that into your color choice.

Mark

Thank you for the kind offer, Mark! The version I've been working on is nearly done and the lettering looks to be black. (see attached photo)

Greetings,
Andrew
KG-TOS_BATTLESTAR-STUDIO_MODEL_REFERENCE- 140.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back