G.O.T.'s The Hound ( another budget speed build)

omel

Sr Member
Hi everyone, with Halloween approaching my friend whose family is big on decorating their house based on themes ( he did Star Wars last year) , is doing Game of Thrones this time.

Initially thought i'd do the Mountain but went for the Hound instead.

as usual this will be another Budget Speed Build, using materials found in the storage room...

lots of cardboard boxes so this was the main material utilized for the helmet...

and it started like this.... ( looks crappy but improved on it as it progressed...hehe)

z6OsLiD.jpg

XYfNr8Z.jpg

0za0XP9.jpg

5ryWMjT.jpg

Waterstop was used as alternative to apoxie sculpt for making details....

c4h99I5.jpg

kYXtAtp.jpg

after a few tries on the paintjob, here is what it looks like...

tyCNYAA.jpg

MkI594m.jpg

not accurate but it should suffice for some Halloween fun, will post upadtes on the other parts once i get to it, working on this during weekend only...and usually at night..

total hours on this is roughly 12 hours +/-...;)

everythings being done in a hurry so no detailed build process pics for the individual parts, heres where its at now:

fovNrLL.jpg

chest armour made in about 2 hours +/-

wC7JxID.jpg

wife helped make these ...spent almost the whole night doing it..hehe.. will assemble into a hauberk

VSVsxrY.jpg

gauntlets have been modified..

5CBf7Vo.jpg

mlBs6ie.jpg

test fit the mask and chest armor if they match..

8b9QXdn.jpg

YOKv5xp.jpg

the sword is done as well..

X6h3COr.jpg

parts check of whats done, the soda tab chainmail will be utilized, pauldrons were drying when photo was taken...greaves will be done tonight after office hours. color will be redone when all parts are ready for final adjustment ( needs to be darker and weathered)..

thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
Nice! That's really good for mostly just cardboard and in such short time. One minor bit of constructive criticism, the hilt on your sword shouldn't be round, it should more ovoid or a rounded rectangle. Historical European swords had flattened handles so that the person holding it can tell if they're holding it correctly without having to look at it or fiddling with it. With a perfectly round handle you might end up accidentally holding the sword with the flat facing your opponent and not realize it whereas with a flattened handle that's pretty much impossible.

Nice! That's really good for mostly just cardboard and in such short time. One minor bit of constructive criticism, the hilt on your sword shouldn't be round, it should more ovoid or a rounded rectangle. Historical European swords had flattened handles so that the person holding it can tell if they're holding it correctly without having to look at it or fiddling with it. With a perfectly round handle you might end up accidentally holding the sword with the flat facing your opponent and not realize it whereas with a flattened handle that's pretty much impossible.

Well noted! shall adjust the handle as suggested when enough time permits....thanks!

Meanwhile...only managed to make one ( right) shinguard last night...shall make the other one tonight.

3Yy5clg.jpg

kWxK1bj.jpg

;)

THOR opened yesterday...so took wife on movie date last night....nothing done on the Hound...hahaha...nice movie...go see it guys.

some Halloween pics..

QpulVrw.jpg

NbD14GW.jpg

MU9aMTS.jpg

GtLyQKD.jpg

GM7zf95.jpg

N89mmBS.jpg

will improve on this someday...

for now ...back to my wip Vader. ;)

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back