G.I. JOE 2 Retaliation - RoadBlock

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by oculus1857, Dec 12, 2011.

1. oculus1857

oculus1857 Well-Known Member

Saw the new G.I. JOE 2: RETALIATION trailer. I want this armor and I am doing this before opening night in June 2012.

Let me just say...
    I was never a fan of the first movie. Never saw it. This one, however. Just watch the trailer and tell me what you think. I am already gaining mass in the gym for my own gun...sorry, Howitzer Show so I will be ready.

Pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chucko

Chucko Member

This trailer was better than the first movie. What a joke. I'm still not a Channing Tatum, or Rock fan but that vest is pretty sweet. It does not too hard to make at least something close. Those are some expensive looking buckles and he has about a 100 of them.

3. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

He has two kydex sheaths on the vest!! Definitely not standard issue!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The pants are available from Crye Precision, knee pads are sold separately.

Combat Pants AC

5. crabra comander

$179!!:eek @$%! that they're free if you signup for Special Forces!

6. oculus1857

Thanks for the link. Any and all info I can get does help.

Combat AC pants $179.00
    AirFlex Combat Knee Pad $29.96

Is the cost so far. I could just by some cheap camo pants with a Multi came pattern, use some fabric paint for the black, craft foam and/or leather for the knees and had sew it with leather sew thread. I have done it before for a costume I did for Arkham City as one of The Joker's henchmen.

The vest is a mix of hard parts and nylon. Might need to take a look at the Fallout: New Vegas costumes around here. :cool

Still plenty of time to get this going and to bulk up!

7. Ronan87

Ronan87 Sr Member

I have a full set of Cry Precision pants/vest/guards/etc. Very pricy, but the quality is second to none. :thumbsup

8. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm not sure how much HGH will run ya but I'm almost positive the Rock is pumped full of it lol

9. oculus1857

Very true, but like all projects we have to budget. Changes are I will get the real thing.

I Just have to figure out what they used as a base for the vest. The armor plates shouldn't be a problem, but I can't quite figure out what kind of vest they are using. I'll have to search youtube and take some screen shots.

LOL yeah..um NO! Say what you want about The Rock, but I think he is clean. He has always been a big guy. Not here to argue that as I want to stay on task on getting the costume done. I am one of the founding members of the Spartan 300 boards and I know what have have to do to gain the mass that I can personal gain. Just like anything in life it comes with hard work and busting your ***** in and out of the gym.

10. Sundowner

Meh, I have my doubts especially how rampat steroid use through out hollywood but your right thats an OT subject.

However I'm not sure if you have your M249 but Spring M248 Machine Gun Airsoft Gun has a spring version on the cheap for $29.99. Good luck!

11. oculus1857

Dorian Gray - Thanks for the help I will look into it.

More pics. Still trying to figure out that vest under the plates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Chucko

Chucko Member

It looks there is a large ring on the back of the neck which would be used for a sort of repelling (spy rigging)

13. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

Don't know if this will help you, but from what comparison pictures I've seen this picture seems to depict the costume accurately.

[​IMG]

14. crabra comander

Hey Oculus, I thought this armor was very similar to what Roadblock wears. Its on Ebairsoft.com
    [​IMG]

15. Sundowner

Crabra that is a sweet vest! I may get that for airsofting.

16. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

Just FYI, I bought this exact same model, and it is a 3/4 scale weapon...for replicating, I would not advise buying it at all...

17. Sundowner

That's a bummer I wish they wold specify size.

18. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

Yeah, I learned the hard way, but none the less, the main thing to try and look for from any website is "1:1". But in the long run I was lucky because I got it from Hobbytron as well when they said it was 1:1, and when it got to me the box even said 3:4 scale, so I was able to atleast get my money back and the cheapo springer

19. oculus1857

crabra comander - Thanks for the post. Oddly enough that vest is what they used in Transformers 3, http://combatgearing.com/images/Products/VEST-7321_8.jpg and I think it will work for what I am trying to do.

Gilmore of OK - I guess I will have to rely on my own guns :lol

Dorian Gray - no worries plenty of time to come up with something.

20. MandalShArK

MandalShArK Member

21. Rupert_Angier

Rupert_Angier Sr Member

He's Samoan. They don't need 'roids or HGH. All they have to do to bulk up is eat.... And lift. Same with us Hawaiians. Getting cut, that's a differeny story.

22. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

Oculus....ask our buddy TC, he has a fullsize SAW someone gave him a while back, its utterly 100% just like a 249, which he says never sees the light of day, so he might let ya borrow the ole girl

23. Guyvierion

Guyvierion New Member

If you want, I have a Sopmod M249 I use for airsofting you can borrow (fully decked out with accessories and all that jazz). I was thinking about bringing it anyway so you'd be free to borrow it. You can check out the type here (Buy G&P MK46 SOPMOD /S-G&P & other Airsoft gun accessories at redwolfairsoft.com) or if ya want I can grab some pics of mine later on.

And the TF3 vest you posted is probably the best bet you can find out there (although you'll just have to modify the upper chest portion a little bit).

Also, if ya want I can check around my old area for those pants you need. We shop at a few contractor supply stores and they normally carry them (but for much less than that). We also get a discount as well, so that may help ya a bit.

I'm gonna start working with a body building coach soon (cause having a workout partner is amazing), but I can't even imagine being able to get close to the Rocks's size.

24. DarthGM

DarthGM Member

Are you going to get the M2 .50 cal that He's seen shooting and holding in the trailer?

:D

Really, that's the only weapon Roadblock should be using. ;) I'm so glad they gave a nod to that in the trailer.

25. oculus1857

Indeed sir! While it's not exact I think I can rock (pun intended) this and no one is really going to care.

No SH#T!!! I'm up to 190# just on lifting HEAVY, eating HEAVY and sleeping HEAVY which is about how much The Rock weight when he was 13 years old. Working on the gun show a little more than normal with some brutal squats.

Will do sir! I have some other helpful peeps that I need to call this week to get the hook up on the pants. I will keep you all posted.

Main thing is the base stuff. I will add loads of HEAVY weaponry as I go along.

26. TravisO

TravisO Active Member

27. moviebuff5

moviebuff5 Well-Known Member

Are we certain the pants are the AC and not the G3? Both have the flex insert above the knee which could have been dyed or custom built in black by Crye. Has anyone been able to see the knife holder or a distinct lack of one on his pants?

I did not see it noted, so I thought I would point out he wears a green or black pair of the Crye pants as well. I am leaning toward green with black knee pads.
    [​IMG]

28. oculus1857

Ordered the body armor about a week ago. Will post more when I have more. Went from 165# in September to 195# just eating clean and lifting heavy!

29. oculus1857

Update!! It's not as accurate as I would like, but it will work.
    [​IMG]

If all else fails I could just go for my own version of Blade
    [​IMG]

30. crabra comander

You got the pants ready to go along with all his holsters?
    I don't know how you would connect the Kydex Sheath's to the vest but it would be cool if you did!

31. crabra comander

32. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

I've got the tan version of that vest arriving in a few days, had a question though. How well do you think the "armor" sections will take paint? I'm thinking of adding some color to those area and then weathering.