FX Reveal board assembly for FX MoM Cave Hero.

Well a related / unrelated note about helper boards. A while back we submitted a large order with a redesign that would allow the helpers to function along with NON-Proffie soundboards.

The factory took the order and basically halted production due to one of the LED components being back ordered… according to Lewis they resumed production with the parts in hand and should be with him shortly.

Another round of shipping will occur to get them to hilt owners… I believe he may even just be planning to send one to every hilt owner regardless.

That said:

More recently people have been coming forward who are still missing parts (apparently many of which were supposed to have been cared for through Lewis’ assistant Patrick… who was awful and has since been sacked)

I’m encouraging Lewis to make *some* kind of web-form so that customers with outstanding items can have more visibility on his radar again as it seems that Patrick, in addition to events, really screwed with keeping track of things.

Since a lot of you guys as 7 chambers customers have communicated through private messaging me, Adam, Lewis, maybe even Shaun when he was on the team briefly… the 7csabers first website. The new website. Facebook… etc.

I know many of you have been accounted for but at this point it’s been so spread out we really need a re-centralized list to make sure everyone gets what is owed.

So.
That’s a 2 part reply on my end:

-
Newest edition of helper boards are supposedly landing next week and will likely go out to everyone regardless who got a hilt.

-
I’m trying to get Lewis to make a freshly collated list of customers with outstanding items from previous deliveries.

(Which should not include people who are waiting on their recent hilts orders or chambers to ship… or aniflex parts… etc… which he is still currently actively having pickups for)

And lastly; one good thing which I’m sure he’ll be able to talk about soon when he’s ready. The shop will be moving again in the near future to - well probably the most ideal spot one could think of in his scenario.

Hopefully it will vastly improve on almost every “opportunity area” his company has been facing since the pandemic began.

Great tutorial thank you very much
Seems like the lastest batch comes with a different switch? This one has 6 pins.

Edit: So I contacted Lewis. Just clip off the 3 pins on top.

Attachments

• PXL_20220712_165029537.jpg
    PXL_20220712_165029537.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • PXL_20220712_165153590.jpg
    PXL_20220712_165153590.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • 293920098_1386416048535606_8110621434359442385d_n.jpg
    293920098_1386416048535606_8110621434359442385d_n.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 294096890_719548752675998_3156634321932825518_n.jpg
    294096890_719548752675998_3156634321932825518_n.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Adding tape to your rails:
This can be done with just the canoe, or after the hilt as been assembled… the process IS the same but it is easier to handle just the canoe.

You will need-
-Wide copper snail/ stain glass/ electronic repair foil tape.
- clean and prepped MoM rails
- sharp exacto with replacements.
IMG_2538.jpeg

Step one-
Make sure you have clean rails and have already added whatever your selected method of color for the rest of the box.

Step two-
Brighten the ends of the L rail if desired.

Step three-
Uncoil a comfortable length of copper tape.
- release the paper from the end.
- attach it to a work surface
- put tension on the copper length
- pull the paper away with enough room to examine the tape.

Step four-
- Holding the rail section, and maintaining pull on the copper tape; apply the edge of the L rail bottom edge in line with the copper foil tape.
-Use your hand to press it down and burnish the side flat.
- Continue softly burnishing while rolling the edge over to the top corner and burnish flat.

Step five-
- release the tape by cutting excess length

Step six-
- use a fresh, sharp exacto blade to carefully remove excess copper material from the ends.

Step seven-
- Roll the tape into the middle and burnish the inside of the rail.
DO NOT burnish tape *up inside* the track where the card slides.

Step eight-
- make sure your exacto is still sharp. Cut the excess tape off.

Step nine-
- Mirror and repeat for the other side.

Here is the process in three different views.

IMG_2587.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finally built this to place in my MoM. Great tutorial. I don't have a working soldering iron so I used superglue. I intended to keep it static so no big deal. I did think that I missed a step when I noticed the unused photoetched parts on the sprue until I scrolled down the first page to see they were extras. :cool:

FYI: Updated the parts list in post #4 with the MODERN SPDT switch replacement being used on Gen 3 Helper boards. Fail rates on these are near zero

On a related note:
Gen3 helper boards are ordered along with the next batch of TXQ Heros. Lewis ordered 100 extra to meet helper board needs for those who missed them before in the packs. (It's a separate order, confirmed paid for) I'll update when they are done.

Includes pinout silkscreen to prevent confusion and updated mosfet / switches/ resistoring

FYI: Updated the parts list in post #4 with the MODERN SPDT switch replacement being used on Gen 3 Helper boards. Fail rates on these are near zero

On a related note:
Gen3 helper boards are ordered along with the next batch of TXQ Heros. Lewis ordered 100 extra to meet helper board needs for those who missed them before in the packs. (It's a separate order, confirmed paid for) I'll update when they are done.

Includes pinout silkscreen to prevent confusion and updated mosfet / switches/ resistoring

What is the fail rate on the previous switches?

I was among the first wave of preorders for this project and am still waiting on the missing parts. Can I be expecting to receive these at some point? Or am I out of luck? I have tried to keep up to date on the status of things but am beginning to lose faith I will ever see this project completed on my shelf. I have sent private messages, posted here and elsewhere, as well as signed up with the provided link for missing parts. It’s going on 2.5 years now. Any information would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat and ultimately ordered the crystal chamber and included a list of my missing parts as Lewis directed in that order's comments. No idea when to expect anything!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back