FX Lightsaber wall mount?

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Apologies in advance as I know this has been asked several times before:

But a search didn't turn up anything recent, or currently available. My daughter wants some of her FX sabers mounted vertically on the wall, and was wondering if there were racks available similar to what Rebelscum used to make?

wall.JPG

Has anyone tried these?

I heard ThinkGeek used to make some, but they seem to be long gone as well...

Thanks in advance!

I printed some from files I found on Thingiverse.com. They turned out great. they are the two bottom savers. The top three came with the Disney parks exclusive sabers.
IMG_5638.JPG

Here’s the ones I printed:

Hey alienscollection.com ! I know it's not what you're looking for, and you'd have to make it yourself, but the coolest lightsaber wall mounts look like this...

LIGHTSABER - Rob Petkau - aka Madcow aka Genesis Custom Sabers - BOILING BLADE STAND - 03.png

If you ever want to make one, here's how...

Rob Petkau's (aka Madcow) Boiling Blade Stand...

As for the type you're looking for go, I've often wondered if it would look better to have a white/clear holder either at the top of the blade, or just above the hilt. That way the holder would be less noticeable and blend into the wall better. The lighting effect of having a lightsaber up against a wall is really cool, but that part of the holder always screams "I'm a pool cue holder with a lightsaber in me! YIPPEE!" Maybe even something as simple as a clear silicone band screwed into the wall would work.

Good Luck! I hope she likes what you come up with!

These are all great - thanks everyone... Someone told me to check out broom holders on Amazon as well, off to do that now...

You can also consider Mag-lite D-cell wall mount brackets. These are very sturdy and perfect for this function.

View attachment 1055239

Oh man, that's perfect - and affordable. Thanks man. Amazon reviews seem pretty positive with people using them for lightsabers... Thanks again!

My concern with the maglite and broom holders is that I would be afraid the grip might be too tight and cause damage. Or that during the process of inserting and/or removing the item from the rack, it may damage the prop over time.

My concern with the maglite and broom holders is that I would be afraid the grip might be too tight and cause damage. Or that during the process of inserting and/or removing the item from the rack, it may damage the prop over time.

It's tight but I never worried about scratches. They have a very smooth, glossy finish and are made of plastic. They haven't scratched mine!

I use Saber-stands for my 2 Vader Force FX saber and also for the full metal Force Pike from the RPF run. The sabers now have a clear top ring (the Pike still have the regular black ring), but I only have picture with the old black rings.

View attachment 1055548

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back