Futuristic £50 note for UK

snouty

Just a little project I've been working on. My gift to you!

I wanted some stage/film money for a sci-fi short I'm writing at the moment. I've wanted to create a banknote from scratch for a very long time, and this was a really good excuse.

As with all my projects the props come first with me, even sometimes before the script. Sometimes all I manage to finish is the props. Maybe that's why I make them first, cos its my favourite bit? :cool

This is an alternative future £50 note. I'm told the future king would probably be Harry, but it's my note I can have whoever I like. Printed on white parchment paper because that distresses beautifully and quickly for a gorgeously authentic look on camera.

(Disclaimer: this is stage/movie prop money and not intended as legal tender)

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Design: Phil South

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB

Attachments

• prop banknote 50 pounds final.png
    prop banknote 50 pounds final.png
    3 MB · Views: 119
  • prop banknote 50 pounds back copy.png
    prop banknote 50 pounds back copy.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
You know what, I don't know.

Someone looked at the note and said "Hey except the next King will probably be Harry". The source of the comment was usually reputable so I didn't question it or look it up. Now you got me wondering. I'll ask them what they are talking about.

Oh and who is on the note has nothing to do with the movie. It's just set in the UK in the future and there's money involved as a prop.

Although . . . as my son suggests maybe I should just change it to Emperor William? :)

Phil

Last edited:
Depends on how far in the future you're setting your film but it's very unlikely that Harry will be king. Line of Succession means William's children would take precedence over Harry.

Someone looked at the note and said "Hey except the next King will probably be Harry".

If you wanna show up this reputable source of yours, you can always come back with "Actually, the next king will be Charles"

But I do like the idea of a film set in the future with money showing Harry as the King though. Not even pointing it out as a plot point in the film and the audience will be all "What the ****???"

Hmmm. Nobody steal my idea :D

If you wanna show up this reputable source of yours, you can always come back with "Actually, the next king will be Charles"

But I do like the idea of a film set in the future with money showing Harry as the King though. Not even pointing it out as a plot point in the film and the audience will be all "What the ****???"

Hmmm. Nobody steal my idea :D

haha don't worry it's all yours, I'm sticking with King "Wills".

Phil

Depends on how far in the future you're setting your film but it's very unlikely that Harry will be king. Line of Succession means William's children would take precedence over Harry.

I agree, I dunno what the guy was talking about and as yet he hasn't explained himself. He may have been making a joke but I've yet to see the funny side. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back