Furniture foam head

marshon

OK so it isn't great, and it's my first foray into trying to sculpt with foam, but here's where I'm at so far .....

pred_wip_12_by_marshon-d39n82b.jpg

Update as of last night, detail going on, still needs dreads, paint and more detail but considering it's cut up foam, some liquid latex and a load of hot melt, I'm pretty pleased so far.

pred_wip_14_by_marshon-d39qg56.jpg

this looks killer!
and the way i see it, all Predators look different!
its a great first sculpt!
you need to post pictures of the step by step!

so is it covered in something? kinda looks like you coated the foam in something. it looks pretty good man. especially for the medium. i can imagine foam isnt very forgiving.

Awesome! I can't believe this is foam! Did you have to treat the foam with anything before you started as I could imagine that it would break and tear easily whilst sculpting it, and how will it hold with paints?

Seriously, great job dude!

Update,

First bits of colour going on, just to establish some shapes at this stage. The bloody backer rods for the dreads still haven't arrived yet! Bummer.

pred_wip_15_by_marshon-d39vpv3.jpg

Here's an update. backer rods are all on, they need bead weights and black latex to finish off. He looks like Sideshow Bob at the minute

pred_wip_26_by_marshon-d3bajbz.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back