Furniture foam head

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

marshon

OK so it isn't great, and it's my first foray into trying to sculpt with foam, but here's where I'm at so far .....

pred_wip_12_by_marshon-d39n82b.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

marshon

Update as of last night, detail going on, still needs dreads, paint and more detail but considering it's cut up foam, some liquid latex and a load of hot melt, I'm pretty pleased so far.

pred_wip_14_by_marshon-d39qg56.jpg

torredator

this looks killer!
and the way i see it, all Predators look different!
its a great first sculpt!
you need to post pictures of the step by step!

xdmray

so is it covered in something? kinda looks like you coated the foam in something. it looks pretty good man. especially for the medium. i can imagine foam isnt very forgiving.

mattrendar

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
looks good ! when you paint it up . its going to look even better . good work keep us updated on the progress !

Smally

Awesome! I can't believe this is foam! Did you have to treat the foam with anything before you started as I could imagine that it would break and tear easily whilst sculpting it, and how will it hold with paints?

Seriously, great job dude!

marshon

Update,

First bits of colour going on, just to establish some shapes at this stage. The bloody backer rods for the dreads still haven't arrived yet! Bummer.

pred_wip_15_by_marshon-d39vpv3.jpg

marshon

Here's an update. backer rods are all on, they need bead weights and black latex to finish off. He looks like Sideshow Bob at the minute

pred_wip_26_by_marshon-d3bajbz.jpg

Usurper

very very nice.

you would not think that was carved out of foam from the painted pics.

excellent work