Funny ESB cameo pic

bwingpilot

While doing some research for the ig88 head I took this pic of chewie in the bespin "junkpile". In addition to ig88 you can also see zuckuss, an AT-AT driver and even the remains of a treadwell. Anyone notice this before?

lolpost8as.jpg

Creiff and I noticed that stuff a few weeks ago while checking IG-88 reference too.
Under your arrow pointing at the Treadwell is a big chunk of a Derwent.
Zuckuss' head is on a weird 2-1B looking body.
Lots of recycled set pieces in there. Inbetween IG and Tread is a piece from the Rebel Base set (recognized it from the SW 365 book- I think it's aircraft scrap too).

Cool, I hadn't seen the AT-AT pilot there, well spotted.

HOW did he get there?? :lol

There's also a vacced wall panel from the Tantive 4 corridor that passes along the conveyor belt, repainted grey or perhaps it's a new one in grey plastic. They're reused in the Star Destroyer crew pit set so it's probably from there.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>(sithmasterjedi @ Jun 11 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]1260066[/snapback]</div>
I've noticed the AT AT driver but I thought I was seeing things. Thanks:)
[/b]

and isn't that the trash compactor pole behind zuckuss?

Wow, I have seen ESB well over 200 times and missed all that except for IG88. Thanks for sharing, Im going to go back and rewatch again tonight.

Good eye Chris, I've also seen this thing (pictured below) appear in many different places. I think you are correct in your assumption that its aircraft scrap, perhaps another flame tube? Also watching ESB again I have found many things which I have missed, I even ID'd an item aswell. Stay tuned...

lolpost23ca.jpg

It does resemble some flame tubes, but seems large. Certainly a similar design sense to it though.
The end of the Hoth rebel gun turret is another flame tube and there's also one on the rebel tripod gun used in the trench.
Another fun item to spot is all the tape measures used in the rebel base. They're mounted on all the chairs and on Leia's sleeve.

Tape measures???
Holy crap, Chris, you are such a wealth of info. Could someone post some pics?

013.jpg

Not the best pic.
But, you can see the tape measure on her left sleeve.
It is actually one half of a tape measure case, mounted upside down.

There are several clear shots of it in the scene
where the Hoth command center is taking hits.

Oops, fixed the img code.
BTW - if anyone knows a good source for those coarse diamond knurled knobs I need one for my 2-1B head (probably about the size of the middle or lower one).

That piece under the arrow pointing to the treadwell is one of the pieces used to dress the ceiling of the carbon freezing chamber. In the chamber, I believe it has a hose dangling from the hole in its center.

Another thing the "flame tube" could be is a spotlight case..sort of like this - http://www.strandarchive.co.uk/lanterns/parblazer4.html
Lots of productions will use old camera & lighting equipment & cases as
set-dressing like this, just because it's readily available around the studios,..But I think it was documented that they did use a lot of aircraft parts (?)
I've seen another thread on this, but that's a much better pic (1st)
I just want to know what all of the Cloud City evacuees are running with. LOL Is that REALLY an ice-cream maker.? :D
Jayn

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back