Funny details in Predator movies

MonkeyRaff

Hi all,

I was watching (again) P1 and I noticed a little thing that made me wanna make this thread.

The scene is right after Arnie's team attacked the guerillas camp, the first time the girl try to escape. I noticed that when she is pulled up one of her wirst is free:
Funny.

Do not hesitate to post the little detail that you found in one of the Predator's movie, and don't forget to say where it is and to post a picture for everyone else to see.

have fun "hunting" those details...
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching AVP with the director's commentary, and he had mentioned a line in the film (that was later removed) where they mentioned that the 3 Preds in the underground pyramid, were in fact just "teenagers" (in Predator years) - that fighting the Aliens were like a rite of passage, a test.

He went on saying that on Pred 1 and Pred 2 movies, those Preds were even "younger" than the 3 in AVP. When these Preds grew older and got better (in hunting I guess), then that earned them the right to go for the pyramid test...

This is more a movie error, but what about the boom mike that keeps popping into frame when Dillon and Mac are crouched under the log talking and watching the Predator invisible crouching on the tree. Ever since someone pointed it out to me, I see it every time.

Sorry, can't post a pic, but it is dead obvious once you look for it.

Here's more stuff that has nothing to do with this thread -

He went on saying that on Pred 1 and Pred 2 movies, those Preds were even "younger" than the 3 in AVP. When these Preds grew older and got better (in hunting I guess), then that earned them the right to go for the pyramid test...

There was an Alien skull in the trophy case in Predator 2. I have an issue of Fangoria where Stan Winston is quoted as saying that the Predator in "Predator 2" is much younger than the first creature. Yet he has an Alien skull in his trophy case. Oh noes!!! I've just poked a huge, gaping hole in Paul Andersons lame ass logic!! He would have known that had he been a real fan, and not just a total douche bag saying he was a "fan" only to please the "fans."

Paul Anderson was on an ego trip during the production of AVP. While his footballer, long-haired romanticized creatures were twice as wide as KPH ever was in a suit, they sure as **** died a hell of a lot faster. I guess size doesn't matter when it's up to an awful director/writer. And no, the good don't die young. They atleast make it to the end of the movie. Which Scar did. However, he managed to plant the seed that would grow into the abortion that was AVP:R. The Strausse brothers are not the Pang brothers, nor are they the Wachowski brothers. I don't care how they word their credits - "The Brothers Strausse." That movie might as well have been shot by and produced by the ******* Sci-Fi channel. Sy-Fie..Sie Fy...whatever. Because we all know they make some real winners.

There was an Alien skull in the trophy case in Predator 2. I have an issue of Fangoria where Stan Winston is quoted as saying that the Predator in "Predator 2" is much younger than the first creature. Yet he has an Alien skull in his trophy case. Oh noes!!! I've just poked a huge, gaping hole in Paul Andersons lame ass logic!! He would have known that had he been a real fan, and not just a total douche bag saying he was a "fan" only to please the "fans."

Paul Anderson was on an ego trip during the production of AVP. While his footballer, long-haired romanticized creatures were twice as wide as KPH ever was in a suit, they sure as **** died a hell of a lot faster. I guess size doesn't matter when it's up to an awful director/writer. And no, the good don't die young. They atleast make it to the end of the movie. Which Scar did. However, he managed to plant the seed that would grow into the abortion that was AVP:R. The Strausse brothers are not the Pang brothers, nor are they the Wachowski brothers. I don't care how they word their credits - "The Brothers Strausse." That movie might as well have been shot by and produced by the ******* Sci-Fi channel. Sy-Fie..Sie Fy...whatever. Because we all know they make some real winners.

Agree with everything Rob says.

I would agree with Stan Winston. My *impression* was that P2 was younger than P1, which was probably helped along by the fact that the P1 mold was the basis for the P2 elder.

I am not sure that the trophy case kills were all the P2's though. There were a lot of other Predators tooling 'round in that spacecraft and I can imagine that they'd want to display their kills next to some of the Elder's kills. Sort of like the son hanging up his little rabbit next to dad's grizzly bear head.

Otherwise, my comment is simply that Paul Anderson is full of horse manure - the Brothers Strause were abbreviated to "BS" which they also proved to be full of. Anyone else remember their claims/promises of "hardcore" action that never materialised? The only thing they got more right than wrong was the Wolf Predator, mainly due to Ian Whyte's much improved performance. That's not to say they didn't get some things wrong. How hard is it to decide on a character's appearance before you start filming and work out that one eye is mangled, and, if you've already filmed the scene, CGI it out!

Sorry to go OT, I've made my contribution, what else have I missed in these movies? More contributions...

does anyone notice when Dillon gets his arm blown of & he's following the pred running round firing,you can see his arm strapped up behind his jacket,i believe this was later cut out on the re-release....lol

Back on topic.

If i remember right doesnt the flintlock harrigan is holding move from one hand to the other whilst his hands are hanging down, when the chopper arrives at the end.

AVP, biggest mistake there was it being made hehehe.

In predator 2 at the very start of the film, when the car blows up, if you look to the right you can see a piece of debris (it looks like a car door) flying through the air. Look on either side of it and you can see the black cable it's gliding on.

Moviemistakes.com...it rocks!!

One more thing why is it when the P2 pred slices keys in halve why is it only his bottom legs fall down... shouldn't his top fall down also....?

You can also tell that they made a cut between Keye's legs and Keyes' legs falling.

The legs are in the exact same place but the meat does a "jump cut"

One more thing why is it when the P2 pred slices keys in halve why is it only his bottom legs fall down... shouldn't his top fall down also....?

I have always wondered the same thing!!!

OK, Predator trivia fact time...... the prop M-16/M-203 combo used by Al Pacino during the ending sequence of the movie Scarface was re-used as Arnold's gun in the first Predator movie.

A. MEN.
lol

Some more gun stuff...

Blank adapter visible in Mac's M60
PredatorM60E3-5.jpg

Billy's AR-15 without shotgun
PredatorSP1-7.jpg

PredatorM60E3-5.jpg

PredatorSP1-7.jpg

although most people dislike AVP & AVP:R you all have to admit one thing...they are Predator movies. no matter how bad they are!

...now on topic...in AVP when they first show the Ice Fall that Lex is climbing they are way back & you can see the top of the fall. Then after a few seconds of climbing she comes to the top & "Magically" there is a helicopter & our buddy Maxwell. Yet there was no sound of an approaching helicopter OR the wash from one.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back