Funkster's Masked Rider War Machine put together thing (ably assisted by Robosteve)

funkster

So I treated myself to a set of Leslee's amazing War Machine armour.
It arrived ahead of schedule in a HUGE box.

As some may know, although it comes with everything to wear, it needs to be made to fit the individual.
There are a few threads with people putting theirs together, but Leslee mentioned Robosteve (who is also a member of the UKG)
So far he has been a legend, but I've decided to try and document as much as possible so that others in my position will have something to follow and then I feel I've given something back.

With that said here we go.

Here's all the bits

War Machine-10.jpgWar Machine-3.jpgWar Machine-6.jpgWar Machine-7.jpgWar Machine-8.jpgWar Machine-1.jpgWar Machine-19.jpgWar Machine-18.jpgWar Machine-17.jpgWar Machine-15.jpgWar Machine-14.jpgWar Machine-13.jpgWar Machine-11.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah.....this is going to be pic heavy

Attachments

• War Machine-2.jpg
    War Machine-2.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 123
  • War Machine-4.jpg
    War Machine-4.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 145
  • War Machine-5.jpg
    War Machine-5.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 120
  • War Machine-9.jpg
    War Machine-9.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 143
  • War Machine-12.jpg
    War Machine-12.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 134
  • War Machine-16.jpg
    War Machine-16.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 124
  • War Machine-20.jpg
    War Machine-20.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 119
  • War Machine-26.jpg
    War Machine-26.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 119
  • War Machine-27.jpg
    War Machine-27.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 118
  • War Machine-28.jpg
    War Machine-28.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 119
  • War Machine-29.jpg
    War Machine-29.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 127
Re: Funkster's Masked Rider War Machine put together thing (ably assisted by Robostev

Started to get the extra bits needed to get this going

Leg hinges - ordered some mending plates
owlett-325-mending-plate-3-bzp-steel-10-25451220.jpg
A fibre glass kit
Some E6000
Some spare butt hinges - one of mine has snapped and I might hinge the hands like Robosteve for easy access
41WgF-kiMKL._SX300_.jpg
Some strong velcro - Leslee supplies some, but best to have spare bits
Some spare black webbing
Black ankle boots
Black gloves
1/2 inch elastic - for the fingers
Super Glue Gel

Re: Funkster's Masked Rider War Machine put together thing (ably assisted by Robostev

Can't wait to see how it turns out for you, I too have ordered a mark 4 from leslee

Thanks buddy.

Only a small update at the minute as I'm doing this in the background to other projects.

All the "extra" bits have arrived for this.

First issue was the boot opening.
My foot was a struggle to get in ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425475408.745584.jpg

So a scary bit of Dremel sanding action and I've made the hole bigger.
Won't notice in the end obviously as the shin covers it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425475463.550297.jpg

Next job is the hands and abs/codpiece

My WM shipment arrives tomorrow 3-13-15!! Following your thread because I will need to make the same mods to assemble it!!

My WM shipment arrives tomorrow 3-13-15!! Following your thread because I will need to make the same mods to assemble it!!

No problem dude.

Steve did most of the heavy lifting with this a while back and is helping me with mine,

Hoping to create a reasonable step by step guide so Leslee doesn't always send people to him :)

Im excited to see your progress as you move forward with it! I received my Mark VI from leslee in January and have slowly been making progress myself between med school and just life itself haha. So far I've not gotten much done but as I do Ill be sure to keep you updated and to check back on your thred! Hopefully we can help one another out as we move forward! What do you plan on using inside the boot piece itself? A pair of tennis shoes or maybe a pair of boots?

Funkster, whats your plan to put together the hands? Glue the hands on to the black gloves...cut the fingers off of the glove and then use the elastic for the fingers and glue the finger pieces on the elastic?

I did look at that method, but some of the fingers were too tight with elastic inside.

I've sanded some of them on the inside to make them a little bigger as Robosteve made the valid point that your hands are going to get very warm and expand., which may cut off circulation

Probably going glue the back of the hand to a glove, use strong Velcro for the palm and then a mixture of gluing the finger joints to the glove and the elastic method.

Steve has completely redone his hands and fingers to make them much bigger and roomier. It's probably something I'll look at in the future.

I'm starting in earnest this week with the build so I'll try and post as much as I can

Assassin - I've gone for a pair of ankle boots. Had to sand out the opening a bit, but fits nicely now.

Not sure if the MKIV has the same shoes as the WM? Is it a one or two piece?

I did look at that method, but some of the fingers were too tight with elastic inside.

I've sanded some of them on the inside to make them a little bigger as Robosteve made the valid point that your hands are going to get very warm and expand., which may cut off circulation

Probably going glue the back of the hand to a glove, use strong Velcro for the palm and then a mixture of gluing the finger joints to the glove and the elastic method.

Steve has completely redone his hands and fingers to make them much bigger and roomier. It's probably something I'll look at in the future.

I'm starting in earnest this week with the build so I'll try and post as much as I can

Yes Steve told me about the hands swelling...I am actually going to cut each of the fingers in half, horizontally, and figure out a way to mount each half on the glove. So that way whether looking at it from the bottom or the top, the hand will look complete. There will be gaps when looking at the side but nobody will be paying that close of attention to the hands when there is so much else to look at. My hands/fingers are entirely too big to even think about squeezing inside of the the finger pieces. Don't really want to spend any more money this put together and may end up buying some bigger hands in the future from the same guy Steve got his from. My black lycra suit came in and my 7.62 dummy belt of ammo is on the way. Got my mending braces, elastic, spare velcro, fiberglass kit, E6000, and ready to get this going. I need to make a duct tape dummy this weekend and start hanging parts! Anxious to get this completed as well...anxious to hear and see your progress as well. Leslees suits are just fricken unbelievable aren't they?

Assassin - I've gone for a pair of ankle boots. Had to sand out the opening a bit, but fits nicely now.

Not sure if the MKIV has the same shoes as the WM? Is it a one or two piece?

Its a one piece same as the WM is! I had to sand a little on the opening as well but haven't decided what Im going to do yet as far as boots or shoe go. On the hands I've decided to use neodymium magnets on the inside to hold the two pieces together and Im in the process of making new fingers now!

I wore an iron man themed body suit under my first armor I built and plan to do the same for the one I got from Masked Rider! They seem to be very comfortable and cool on me and kept me from having to wear gloves and extra clothing that ends up being hot after so long!! ;) have you looked into anything like this?

Probably just gonna wear a thin Zentai suit :)

Little update now, but full one coming this weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429883546.838890.jpg

Shoulders attached.
Leg hinges made and ready to be attached.

How did you attach the shoulders? Did you use some E6000 and attach it to a small strap?

How did you attach the shoulders? Did you use some E6000 and attach it to a small strap?

Bit more involved.

I'm taking all of RoboSteve's advice here and making this as wearable for events as possible.
That means comfort, mobility and then transportation and storage.

The idea is to have the arms and shoulders all attached to the chest, so that takes the weight

The first step was holding the shoulders up and marking onto the chest where the slit made by Leslee is

IMG_4479.JPGIMG_4481.JPG

then a quick dremel and we have a slit for some webbing/strapping to go through

IMG_4483.JPGIMG_4484.JPG

Then the idea is to have a piece of strapping that is secured inside the chest, holds the shoulder on and also has a point of attachment for the upper and lower arms

So, loop a piece of strapping though, then under the bracket on the shoulder, through a female clip and then secured by a snap.

IMG_4547.JPGIMG_4548.JPGIMG_4549.JPG
then this loops around a carabiner, back onto the shoulder and onto a snap.

This is a bit of trial and error to get the snaps in the right place, but once done the shoulders are pretty secure, have some movement in them and there's only a small gap visible at the top

Couple of other bits.

The hand guards are only held in place by a flimsy hinge. Mine broke after about 30 minutes, so a piece of 1 inch elastic glued in place keeps it a bit more sturdy, but allows the guard to move backwards

IMG_4487.JPGIMG_4486.JPG

Wow, very impressive. My mark 4 arrived about two weeks ago and I've been working on it a bit here and there. Was hoping to use this thread as a guide due to the fact that many pieces between the suits would be attached the same way

Final updates when I have some time, but for now, I'll just leave this here

10440978_10155581870785716_7850329932130745679_n.jpg11107745_10153354883207072_3861933246372646132_n.jpg

Did you end up using the hinges for the hands? if so what size hinges did you use?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back