Unlimited Run FUNCTIONAL Singlepoint Rebel Blaster/ Bowcaster/ scout trooper blaster scope

Think Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
WORKING Singlepoint sights and sight kits are ready to go! Send me your email/paypal address and desired kit, and I'll invoice you in Paypal.

Years ago, I started doing an M32/M19 bronze scope for Bobadebt's blaster projects. As an aside, I also did a very limited run of aluminum cast Singlepoint sights that I machined out and fitted with red dot optic filaments, making them functional red dot sights. I also did runs of the clear conical tip cast in resin (hollow).
It's the 21st century now, so I decided to trying something new. I just drew up a Normark Singlepoint sight in Solidworks and am in the process of producing a working prototype sight on an FDM printer on the highest quality setting. Like my aluminum cast run, the sight body will accommodate a real fiber optic red dot rod. I painstakingly measured my sight to ensure accuracy, getting most all of the details you'd want from the original sight. It will have an acrylic lens for the eyepiece. The hollow conical tip will be produced on an SLA resin printer.

Here's the deluxe kit as it ships:

singlepoint-kit.jpg

Here is the finished prop. This literally took 30 minutes of work....sanding, polishing, painting and assembly:

singlepoint2.jpgsinglepoint5.jpgsinglepoint1.jpgsinglepoint4.jpgsinglepoint3.jpgsinglepoint6.jpg
-------------------------------

I am producing these versions:

1. Deluxe Singlepoint (finished)

Complete Singlepoint sight produced entirely on an SLA resin printer. The conical tip is hollow and clear resin. I will sand the nubs off where the gates on the conical tip were, but you'll want to further sand the cone using progressively finer sand paper until you get the clarity you want. The body will be opaque and include an acrylic lens and fiber optic red dot filament. The SLA printer produces remarkable detail and requires very little finish work.

Fully assembled and painted - $130 plus shipping

2. Deluxe Singlepoint (kit)

Complete Singlepoint sight kit produced entirely on an SLA resin printer. The conical tip is hollow and clear resin. I will sand the nubs off where the gates on the conical tip were, but you'll want to further sand the cone using progressively finer sand paper until you get the clarity you want. The body will be opaque and include an acrylic lens and fiber optic red dot filament. The SLA printer produces remarkable detail and requires very little finish work.
Kit, includes lens, clear conical tip, and red dot filament- $90 plus shipping

2. Clear, hollow conical tip and red site filament - $30 plus shipping

Replaces the round Singlepoint tips on your real, round-tipped Singlepoint. I will sand the nubs off where the gates on the conical tip were, but you'll want to further sand the cone using progressively finer sand paper until you get the clarity you want. Includes thin the red dot filament and cap to help mount it.
--------------------------------

Please let me know if you're interested in any of these options via PM or email.

Thanks!

tJ

Interest Lists:

Deluxe kit (unfinished):

Somerset - SHIPPED
PoopaPapaPalps
Pedro - SHIPPED

Deluxe finished:

russellsch - SHIPPED

Hollow conical tip:

Somerset - 1x SHIPPED
Cyberblock - 1x SHIPPED
Jedi Dade - 2x
Tom1999 - 1x

Last edited:
Re: Thinkjedi Functional Rebel Blaster Scope (Normark Singlepoint) with clear conical

How bizarre - this is exactly what I need at exactly the right time - definitely in for a conical tip!

Re: Thinkjedi Functional Rebel Blaster Scope (Normark Singlepoint) with clear conical

Somerset, PM sent. I have a feeling the conical tips will be popular. :)

tJ

Kit and conical (though I'd love a red optic filament, if I could swing it) would be something I'd be interested in if this progresses.

The kit would come with the red optic filament. The body and the eyepiece has been printed. I need to get time on my friend's SLA printer to produce the conical tip, so that will probably be ready this weekend. I'll take pics of the roughs as well as the finished when it's done. More to come soon.

tJ
Kit and conical (though I'd love a red optic filament, if I could swing it) would be something I'd be interested in if this progresses.

I'm interested in a tip as well as an unfinished site depending on price.

Prototype just finished printing:

singlepoint1.jpg

Last edited:

Gimme an hour or two to figure out why the uploader is unimpressed with my uploads.

tJ

OK, let's try this again. Here's the PLA prototype just finished printing:

singlepoint1.jpg

And here it is with the supports and rafts removed:

singlepoint3.jpg

And here it is after I've gone over it with 220 grit and then 400 grit sandpaper. No putty applied

singlepoint2.jpg

tJ

Last edited:

I updated the original build post to include the options I'll be doing. Costs will be updated towards the end of this weekend.

tJ

In for a deluxe kit pending the usual.

Very interested pending price!

Do you have the means to test fit the conical tip onto an actual single point?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

On a related note, does anyone know how to get the dome tip OFF of one with out tearing it up?

I do not, which is why I need a donor scope to test this out. If any of you can remove the tip off your domed sight, I can test fit and make adjustments for replacement tips. The donor will receive a free conical tip.

tJ
Do you have the means to test fit the conical tip onto an actual single point?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

I just saw the SLA print of the eyepiece and it looks amazing. The detail is stunning! I'll be checking it out in person tomorrow and will snap a few pics to give you an idea the quality this printer is capable of producing.

tJ

This is the eyepiece, right off the resin printer after popping the sprues off. Virtually no finishing required. It fits the scope perfectly!

tJ

eyepiece-raw.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back