Functional Batman Cowl for Running

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ClayGrizzly

Hey all! First-time poster here.

I am looking for information about making or buying functional batman cowls for obstacle course racing. I am an avid triathlete and middle distance racer and would love to bring a smile to attendees' faces by racing in a version of a Batman Zero Year costume.

My goal is to find/make a cowl that is (1) breathable, (2) lightweight, and (3) does not restrict eyesight. My initial thoughts have been to purchase some neoprene and sew together a version based on online templates, but, I hoped the knowledge of the RPF might help me with next steps.

Thanks for any help!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hiteklowlife

I modified this foam pattern into a leather cowl that turned out pretty well. I think it would turn out pretty similar using neoprene, the only mod you might wanna make is around the eyes because it probably wouldn't be great for running.
If you have any experience sewing I don't think this pattern will be any issue.

ClayGrizzly

I modified this foam pattern into a leather cowl that turned out pretty well. I think it would turn out pretty similar using neoprene, the only mod you might wanna make is around the eyes because it probably wouldn't be great for running.
If you have any experience sewing I don't think this pattern will be any issue.
Thank you for the great info!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.