Vader Helmet sculpts

Hey all, I do have updates I'll post up in the next couple of days. The helmet and mask aren't finished but I did make some quick casts of the work as it stands now so that we could troop it at this weekend's Oz Comic Con. I'll put up details soon but here's some pics...

Attachments

• 20190609_104728.jpg
    20190609_104728.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
That is amazing! If you ever did a run I'm sure you'd have a ton of people lined up. Not everyone is built like David Prowse but they sure would love to have a Vader scaled to fit someone of average proportions. Phenomenal work!

That helmet looks great!

I do suggest making a cod piece and ditching the plastic piece. All you have to do is make a foam core and line it with leather.

That helmet looks great!

I do suggest making a cod piece and ditching the plastic piece. All you have to do is make a foam core and line it with leather.

Thanks! The cod was made with some EVA foam and faux leather glued to it.

That is amazing! If you ever did a run I'm sure you'd have a ton of people lined up. Not everyone is built like David Prowse but they sure would love to have a Vader scaled to fit someone of average proportions. Phenomenal work!
Thanks. I am considering offering these once happy with the result, at least in unpainted kit form.

Hey all, I've been thinking that I will start to make some webisodes of how I've made this Vader suit. Because it could be made for either kid or adult sizes, and there's a lot to show, it'll be easiest to upload episodes covering specific parts of the suit. I've mapped out a rough plan of how I can break it down into individual episodes, and while most of the detailed info will be on there, I will add links in this thread whenever I upload one, as well as a quick description of each.
This way, I should be able to document and explain the build a lot better, with video to help show it. Here's the plan for the webisodes so far:

With Oz Comic Con done and dusted I'm going to sand that helmet back, smooth it out and give it a gloss black paint. My son can use it for trooping.

Meanwhile the actual sculpt for both the mask and helmet are nearly done to the point I can take proper molds of each for casting.

This pic is the mask/helmet worn by Ash as Kid Vader, but in the pic I'm wearing it.....it shows pretty good how it fits adults who aren't built like Prowse. The final casts will also be this size...

On the sculpt I have widened the nose bridge, and tweaked the cheek on the left of pic to improve that curve to better match the screen ones (I think it is a little too exagerrated here), the neck is also reshaped a bit and is a little longer; this one in the pic is cut down to better fit a kid. The image is also mirrored (I took it looking at the mirror). Otherwise, pretty much good to go.

It looks great! You should give the face a uni finish. All gloss or all flat. It looks weird with flat gunmetal and gloss black. That what rubies did with their fiberglass helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back