Fun Sized Vader Helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

swingking03

HI. I am preparing to start this for my son. Can you share some tips? What material was used for the under suit? How did you make the belt boxes and buckle?

Haso

Hey all. Well it's been two months, so here's a small update. I've started to put some short vids up for the Kid Vader suit and helmet. I don't have much yet and haven't covered much either, but I'm just finding it harder atm to get the time to do the type of videos I wanted to, as I'm doing a bit of work on the house these weekends. I do plan to do a complete new rebuild of the suit though, and I'll be filming as I go, so stay tuned.
Anyway, just a modest start for some quick video posts, I just created a channel to put these up so it's all pretty new...there will be more updates on both the helmet and Kid Vader as I go, and as I said, as I start a new Kid Vader suit I'll be filming that, with templates.

Here's the link to the vids so far:
MadDadHaso

frogfreak

Sr Member
Hey all. Well it's been two months, so here's a small update. I've started to put some short vids up for the Kid Vader suit and helmet. I don't have much yet and haven't covered much either, but I'm just finding it harder atm to get the time to do the type of videos I wanted to, as I'm doing a bit of work on the house these weekends. I do plan to do a complete new rebuild of the suit though, and I'll be filming as I go, so stay tuned.
Anyway, just a modest start for some quick video posts, I just created a channel to put these up so it's all pretty new...there will be more updates on both the helmet and Kid Vader as I go, and as I said, as I start a new Kid Vader suit I'll be filming that, with templates.

Here's the link to the vids so far:
MadDadHaso

Awesome! I've now watched the vids and they're great!

Haso

Thanks guys. I've taken some templates from the helmet to put out to everyone for a quick, simple eva foam build version of it. I just need to fine tune these, do a test build with them, then I'll do some video while I make one and post up with templates.
I've had a couple of people ask for tips and templates overall so I'll try to oblige. And if you want you can take them further and put some fiberglass over them or tweak to your taste. With the helmet, you could pair it with any old mask underneath to get something going for a costume.
20191014_132258.jpg
20191014_141715.jpg

frogfreak

Sr Member
Thanks guys. I've taken some templates from the helmet to put out to everyone for a quick, simple eva foam build version of it. I just need to fine tune these, do a test build with them, then I'll do some video while I make one and post up with templates.
I've had a couple of people ask for tips and templates overall so I'll try to oblige. And if you want you can take them further and put some fiberglass over them or tweak to your taste. With the helmet, you could pair it with any old mask underneath to get something going for a costume.
View attachment 1072204 View attachment 1072205
I will definitely use the templates when they're done!

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you for these! I really enjoy seeing your work. It's so great to have an alternate size for those of us who aren't built like Dave Prowse.

Haso

anything new?
Yes...here's the first cast of the kid-sized helmet (minus the tusk ends that I've since made too). I've placed the adult-sized clay sculpt on hiatus for now while we're in lockdown, more because I'm distracted with other stuff to do around the house right now. I'll get back into it.

I think the kid Vader version is around 80-85% of what I've estimated is full size, but that's just an educated guess.

The first Kid Vader on far right, the master cast of it in the centre which I'm making some adjustments on it for a new mold, and adult-sized still being sculpted:
mYLrHAG.jpg

frogfreak

Sr Member
Yes...here's the first cast of the kid-sized helmet (minus the tusk ends that I've since made too). I've placed the adult-sized clay sculpt on hiatus for now while we're in lockdown, more because I'm distracted with other stuff to do around the house right now. I'll get back into it.

I think the kid Vader version is around 80-85% of what I've estimated is full size, but that's just an educated guess.

The first Kid Vader on far right, the master cast of it in the centre which I'm making some adjustments on it for a new mold, and adult-sized still being sculpted:
View attachment 1283697
Awesome!