Fullsize X-Wing at Rogue One premiere

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I only mention this here because of this:

rogueone9.jpg

The red paint slopped over the forward edge of the wings only because of overspray, it isn't a design element. But here it is faithfully recreated in full scale! :lol

Love this stuff. ;)

I only mention this here because of this:

The red paint slopped over the forward edge of the wings only because of overspray, it isn't a design element. But here it is faithfully recreated in full scale! :lol

Love this stuff. ;)

So it looks like they did their homework, huh? ;) But where did you leave the rest of the photos? :angel

I have seen the same red over the edge represented all the way back to the original film.

I even painted the wings of my X-Wing that way back in the 70's.

I don't remember if I saw this detail on a model or the hanger set piece (would have to scan through the film, again).

Kind if like the red 'arrow head' behind the torpedo tubes... on the set piece, but not the model.

So, it could have been deliberate.

Now that I stepped in it, I can't find crap on the net to support my comment.

The closest I find is...

b48ec72a-a9f1-4d6d-9134-7f05c08d60dd_zpsx0wob5x1.jpg

But, the model I did only had the red go halfway down the leading edge.

Back then, reference was either the film itself, or a picture in a book (and I have a lot of books).

I don't know where I saw it.

Blue 1, now Red 2, has the "arrow" on the model. It was ported over to the full sized ANH prop. Hero Red 3 has some overspray :)

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.02.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.02.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.02.03 PM.png

The overspray could very well be what I saw, back in the days of 70's printing.

I remember going over the only Falcon photos I had (The Art of Star Wars and Modeling Spaceships of Fact and Fantasy) with a magnifying glass when I built the MPC kit.

I saw what looked like a row of red dots down the back side of the cockpit corridor tube and I added them to my Falcon.

Now, with the nice hi res photos available, I see those red dots are actually someone's name.

Reference is SO much better now.

That new transition is nice. It resolves what was kind of a gray area where the transition took place. It looks stronger for it.

You currently cannot see the right side at all.

IMG_0262.JPGIMG_0264.JPGIMG_0266.JPGIMG_0269.JPGIMG_0271.JPG

The tie fighter is up but in the after party area.

Last edited:
IMG_0464.JPG

This thing was awesome. No surprise there because it was screen used, but even standing next to it or touching it made it no less impressive. Many props and such suffer greatly upon closer inspection, not so much with this. I wonder what will become of it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back