Full skin or 50/50 ... Suggestions please

Lrplad

Ok, so I've spent a good few weeks perfecting the former for my full body skin (went one step further with the duct tape) as you can see it's almost done.... Oh and knowing winter was coming decided to try a crazy idea of a heated drying room...

photo.JPG

Yes it's a metal shed in my garage ... And yes the neighbours think I'm nuts.... But he'll it works !!!!

Anyhow, I started with the duct tape dummy of myself and did a full body plaster mould and then cast a hard foam former.

I decided to keep that one and put good use to the duct tape dummy with some snazzy bandages I managed to get a hold of (yes I can supply more) but they are water activated GF resin bandages !!!!! And bloody hell... Boy do they save the mess.... So my duct tape dummy is now sealed for all time into a solid case, which will get it's last layer this week, ready to begin my sculpt next week.

So .... The question ????

Should I sculpt and cast a one piece suit ???? Or go 50/50 (am only doing skin as want to be able to do all the armour separately)

suggestions please....

Thanks

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was talking about doing on Lee's final P1 journey post! Glad to see someone did it. How did you get a hold of the wrap? Is it the same stuff they use in hospitals for casts? I'll be watching this thread to see how it progresses. Personally, I plan on doing a two-piece for a couple of reasons:

1. It's easier to get in and out of two pieces.
2. The overlap should be covered by the belt/loin cloth, so hiding it won't be an issue.
3. If I choose to make one for a friend, sell, etc., it will be easier to modify to fit them.
4. Should my belly get fat, I only have to redo half the suit.

Best of luck!

That's what I was talking about doing on Lee's final P1 journey post! Glad to see someone did it. How did you get a hold of the wrap? Is it the same stuff they use in hospitals for casts? I'll be watching this thread to see how it progresses. Personally, I plan on doing a two-piece for a couple of reasons:

1. It's easier to get in and out of two pieces.
2. The overlap should be covered by the belt/loin cloth, so hiding it won't be an issue.
3. If I choose to make one for a friend, sell, etc., it will be easier to modify to fit them.
4. Should my belly get fat, I only have to redo half the suit.

Best of luck!

Thanks, a lot of fast talking about us using a great deal of the stuff !!! And yes it's medical grade bandage... Not cheap by any means but what a time and mess saver and is set within a few minutes... I can see loads of applications for it with regards mould support jackets

I like your thinking on 50/50 .... My reasons were pretty much the same, I just hate the gap...

I got my duct tape dummy off in one piece and am sizing the suit with openings the same way.... It's going to fit me at least and I'm 6ft2" and 16 stone, so thought it would cover lots of sizes as you could cut it down.

Thanks

Photo up... as you can see (the green thing) im pretty pleased with as a first effort with something this big...

feel like im being watched so need to do a good job.

You know, I would have suggested you do a 50/50 too. After seeing your armature I've changed my opinion.

I think if you’re up for the task, you have an excellent armature to do a full body suit.

Once you have that done, you can go back to your armature and sculpt up any combo you want. i.e. making a two piece with/without the armor pieces you want. Even if you don’t do another mold, you can cast up a top separate from the bottom with the intent to have them joined to whomever it will be fitted to.

Thanks, as the first one is for me :D I like the idea of one piece with spinal, ankle zips (and front flap) but see the logic for 2 piece later.

I know it's daunting... But I figure if it's worth doing, may as well go the whole scary hog !!

I've been playing with GF moulds and am planning to do the first version so it's able to cast silicone, poly or latex skins (hence the drying shed in the background ) :lol: and will be void filling with a soft PU foam

Mmmmm 1 vote for each...

Readying for the task of starting the body sculpt... Have inserted metal posts in plaster filled box (or it will be full by tomorrow) may add a small timber foot front and rear for extra support, just in case the 100kilos of clay I'm abbot to add are a little heavy :D then the fun starts Saturday ....

cast_1.JPG

cast_2.JPG

cast_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back