Full size Pred for auction

If you search, all the items that personally belonged to Stan are on auction ...the Winston family had them removed from Legacy

"the Winston family had them removed from Legacy "

? wonder why, hope there's not been any falling out. i think it's a shame if all this stuff has ben removed, to be honest ~ the whole new name Legacy seems to "demand" to me that all his legacy should have been left proudly on display as reminder and inspiration.

i don't thiis is the one he's usually seen in front of, that one (in the row w/ all the other creatures) was a more normal standing pose.

wonder why they redid the gauntlets, i'd've thought they would have been an integral part of the main suit/mould.

I can't imagine why they would sell everything off. May be it was Stan's wish that Joe public had a chance to own some screen icons after his death. Seems a shame and I agree his main body of work should live on together under the one roof. It wouldn't be hard to make replicas from existing moulds if any cashing in was needed. Mind you, us normal folk auction off or send belongings to charity shops after a loved one passes on, so kinda the same thing.

man, i've just trawled through the whole auction. fkn astounding. none of your Yanks can get together and get some kinda art grant can you? this stuff should be collected together and set up as a museum. surely some solid case can be made for buying some place and starting up a moving memorabilia exhibition?
wish i was a millionnaire, i'd snap up everything there.

a little holy grail thing going on there...

aside from being in the winston display room. we all know stan would have had to give his seal of approval to have it shown there..not only to mention it was a piece probably made when he recieved his oscar nomination for predator. and done by his some of his best people..rosengrant and shane.

yeah lere is my left kidney i won't been needing it to much. jeez and the P2 spear?....ok here is my right kidney

You know this is sad more than anything, they've changed the name, now they seem to be getting rid of all reminders of stans previous glory's, what was wrong with carrying on with stans name on the banner, surely its more recognisable to producers than the new name.

Wish I could share more of what I know ...suffice to say Legacy is Legacy... .SWS died with its founder. They are in a new location now anyways. Dont get me wrong they are still a great studio and many of the old SWS artists are still there...as well as some very talented new ones.

You know this is sad more than anything, they've changed the name, now they seem to be getting rid of all reminders of stans previous glory's, what was wrong with carrying on with stans name on the banner, surely its more recognisable to producers than the new name.
very true jim hensons son still uses his fathers name with the jim henson company,wonder if stan had any children that are into special effects and stuff

how cool would it be to get ALL of us chip in and buy it we'll donate it to the Sci FI museum...

come on lets do it,.... everyone raise money however and we set up and throw it in to a paypal account and we take a shot at it.

Plaque would read:

CARE OF THE HUNTERS LAIR
WE WILL ALWAYS HONOR STAN.

this one of those pieces like many others of that time when effects were special that belong in a museum and not in a private collection. IMHO that's a pipe dream. but it would be great to have it in a place where we all could enjoy it....MY HOUSE!!!!

as far as the banner it was up for a whole year we felt enough time has passed to change it,... maybe in will be included in a montage banner but nothing discussed.

Andrew

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back