Limited Run Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Project Completed

Re: Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...

Is the blades easily switched out? And would it be possible to put the blade on each side, both top and bottom?

Is there any way to increase the OD to accommodate for a 1" ID to install a soundboard? If so, I'm interested again in the hilt. Sorry for all of the questions.

Is there any way to increase the OD to accommodate for a 1" ID to install a soundboard? If so, I'm interested again in the hilt. Sorry for all of the questions.

No prob. That's why this thread is here. I get you want to put electronics into it. That's your jam with lightsabers. Normally I don't alter specs for just one piece. That actually increases things dramatically cause I'm asking the shop to take extra time for just one piece. If you can find some other way to fit electronics into a smaller opening that would be preferred. I was never a fan of MR changing dimensions to accommodate electronics when it was possible to do it without changing the integrity of the design.

My thing has always been about making static props for display. So I always try to make them without compromising the original dimensions. I'll still ask the shop because it never hurts to ask.

No prob. That's why this thread is here. I get you want to put electronics into it. That's your jam with lightsabers. Normally I don't alter specs for just one piece. That actually increases things dramatically cause I'm asking the shop to take extra time for just one piece. If you can find some other way to fit electronics into a smaller opening that would be preferred. I was never a fan of MR changing dimensions to accommodate electronics when it was possible to do it without changing the integrity of the design.

My thing has always been about making static props for display. So I always try to make them without compromising the original dimensions. I'll still ask the shop because it never hurts to ask.

Not that I am in on this project but for the sake of discussion: My collection is still static based too. FX is cool but I don't have a need for it. Maybe if I was costuming and wanted that effect but otherwise a hilt with electronics and blade is a waste of money in my collection. I do have Five MR/Hasbro FX lightsabers. I picked some up when they first came out for the novelty and others because I got a good deal. However, I rarely turn them on except if I show off my collect to a friend or take pictures of the collection.

Luke The hilt could be bored out to 7/8" and I would be able to install a soundboard. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

is it hollow or just like the lego size version only room for the blade to fit inside and closed off?
And put me down for one, red blade

The grip is solid but the emitters are hollow to hold the blade on either end.

Unfortunately I don't but if someone out there does, please post it.

List is updated. If we can get 5 or 6 more people we can make a run of this.

Re: Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Update 11/5

i could be interested in one and a blue blade depending on price and if the hilt is hollow for electrix, cheers

Re: Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Update 11/5

I'm having them priced with a 7/8" hollow bore through it. I'll put you on the interested list for a blue one.

Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Update 11/5

Could you put me back on the interest list considering you're pricing them with a 7/8" bore? Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Update 11/9

Interested. I missed out on this the last time...put me down for a blue blade please.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back