Full size Juggernaut cosplay

BMP Props

Hey everyone, I know it's been a long time since I posted here on the rpf but I'm coming back in a BIG way. I've been watching all these guys and their larger than life cosplays lately...orcs, hulkbusters, space marines, etc and I think it's time I enter that arena lol. Taking a break from the Halo stuff for a bit to build one of my all time favorite characters, The Juggernaut, full size. I'm going for a total height around 6'8-7', starting from the ground up. I learned a lot watching the SKS props War craft Orc build and I'm doing my boots in the same fashion, with different materials though. Here's what I've done so far...
Got the boots all framed out, attached some comfy shoes, and started skinning the frames with very thin upholstery foam, which I am applying plasti dip to with high heat. The result is a coarse grainy leather feel with great 4 way stretch. Stay tuned!

Hi. Just offering a word of warning. I used a similar kind of wedge for my Hulk feet. Maybe mine were too steep or something but after a few hours of wear my toes got quite sore. When i got home and took off the shoes I noticed (this gets a bit gross fyi) that there was blood under both of my big toenails. this caused the nails to partially die (like i said, gross) and discolour. this happened in october and it still hasn't fully cleared.

Lessons learned:
-make sure your toenails are trimmed as short as possible.
-get yourself some padded socks. I'd recommend the "1000 mile" socks that marathon runners wear.
-Maybe even cut a small hole in the front of the shoe to take the pressure off your big toes. although this may just move the problem on to the next toe.

Best of Luck with the build.
It's looking great.

Hi. Just offering a word of warning. I used a similar kind of wedge for my Hulk feet. Maybe mine were too steep or something but after a few hours of wear my toes got quite sore. When i got home and took off the shoes I noticed (this gets a bit gross fyi) that there was blood under both of my big toenails. this caused the nails to partially die (like i said, gross) and discolour. this happened in october and it still hasn't fully cleared.

Lessons learned:
-make sure your toenails are trimmed as short as possible.
-get yourself some padded socks. I'd recommend the "1000 mile" socks that marathon runners wear.
-Maybe even cut a small hole in the front of the shoe to take the pressure off your big toes. although this may just move the problem on to the next toe.

Best of Luck with the build.
It's looking great.

Thanks for the warning, but I already lost both toenails on my big toes years ago lol. I use similar wedges for my Halo armor boots, thanks for lookin out though ;)

Thanks for the warning, but I already lost both toenails on my big toes years ago lol. I use similar wedges for my Halo armor boots, thanks for lookin out though ;)

wow. Probably the only person on the forum that the warning doesn't apply to :L
good luck with it.

More work on the boots tonight, basing the design off of the Marvel Select action figure, we're going for the big wrinkled sock with boot soles look. I like where it's going. That's not the final color by the way, I'm just using red Plasti Dip to get a feel for it.

As I'm wrapping up construction of the boots I'm pondering the next step, being the legs. I had originally just planned on doing the tape dummy thing, but given the size of this thing I'm not sure it's going to help. If I do a tape dummy, then the foam muscles will be resting tight against my legs which will get really hot really quick. I also have a great amount of empty space inside the boots to put a couple fans blowing up my legs. So I figured what I'm going to do is build some big ol Loose foam trousers per se that will allow at least a little bit of air flow up in there between my legs and the actual muscle suit. This is my first time doing something like this so we'll see how it turns out...

Just need to add the floppy part that hangs over the top and the boots will be ready for paint. I have come to realize, however, that I need to go taller. My legs aren't long enough. I need to add at least 6 inches of lift inside the boots, bringing the total height to around 7'5. It's bigger than I had wanted to go, but I can't have a stubby legged juggy.

Didn't like how the muscles were working so I scrapped them and started a different route. Instead of carving and glueing each muscle, I decided to bulk it out and carve the muscles from the solid shape. More tomorrow...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back