Limited Run Full-size Batman Gotham City Manhole Cover Replicas

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is for a run of 20 Manholes: This is a replica of the design from Batman Begins (famously featured in the last act as Scarecrow is bursting manhole covers off the sewers). This is a full-size replica – measuring 23-1/2" in diameter and 3/4" thick. It is waterjet cut from solid black Sintra – a lightweight yet rigid PVC board – which means you'll can hang this on a wall.

You can order this either unpainted or painted:

Unpainted Manhole Cover – $100 shipped* PRICE DROPPED FROM $120
This is comes completely assembled and ready for paint.

Painted Manhole Cover – $180 shipped* PRICE DROPPED FROM $200
This fully-assembled and painted manhole cover is painted and weathered in a multi-step process to look very realistic. First painted with Rustoleum Hammered finish to give the replica a cast iron look, it is them weathered with washes of black, brown, green and gold. The finished look captures the feel of a street worn cast iron cover. Looks awesome on a wall or as a base for your Batman costume mannequin.

US Shipping only, International is extra depending on location.

Attachments

• ManholeKit (1 of 9).jpg
    ManholeKit (1 of 9).jpg
    798 KB · Views: 168
  • ManholeKit (2 of 9).jpg
    ManholeKit (2 of 9).jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 147
  • ManholeKit (7 of 9).jpg
    ManholeKit (7 of 9).jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 357
  • FinishedManhole (2 of 5).jpg
    FinishedManhole (2 of 5).jpg
    948 KB · Views: 327
  • FinishedManhole (3 of 5).jpg
    FinishedManhole (3 of 5).jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 186
  • FinishedManhole (4 of 5).jpg
    FinishedManhole (4 of 5).jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
UPDATE: Ive decided to assemble all the kits. So now for only $175 you get the kit completely assembled, ready for paint.

You know what you need? A manhole cover. What? You wanna risk falling in your manhole? You gonna leave that manhole uncovered? You gonna buy some run of the mill manhole cover?? Seems this here Gotham City Manhole Cover sure would do the trick.

Last edited:
Received my cover in Canada today! It looks really nice, love the finish!

Only thing I would say is if you ship outside US, put a low value on the package .. I was hit with an additional 45$ when it arrived just because the package was written down as 200$. Another small thing is that there's the "sprue" still on the letters and it's gonna be pretty hard to clean them up .. I would suggest either cleaning them for your client or leave them detach so we can do it ourself!

Still an awesome piece, can't wait to paint it!!!

Thanks Valor!

Thanks for the advice. When you weather the cover, the little sprues really disappear. Might want to try that before you work to remove them. And Sorry, I need to insure the items I ship for the actual cost to protect myself if it is lost. I know it adds up for guys purchasing in other countries.

Thanks again,

Steve

Last edited:
PRICE DROP!!
Assembled and unpainted are now only $100 shipped
Fully Painted are now only $180 shipped

While supplies last :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this thread for a great product!!! It took me about 2 hours total painting this, following the paint tutorial from the older sale thread here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=218195

Also note that this was my first true weathering job .. so anyone can do this! Rustoleum Hammered Dark Bronze, black wash, brown, dark green and gold dry brush.

FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender[1].jpg FullSizeRender[2].jpg FullSizeRender[3].jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back