Full head lifecast in the UK

Giles

This is a speculative query at best, but is anyone aware of anyone that does reasonably priced full head lifecasting in the UK? I've had a look on google and the cheapest I've seen so far is £600. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Giles

This is a speculative query at best, but is anyone aware of anyone that does reasonably priced full head lifecasting in the UK? I've had a look on google and the cheapest I've seen so far is £600. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Giles

The price Giles, would depend on where you are mate.

Hi Marshon,

I'm in Cardiff, and have just realised that my location information isn't filled in.

Cheers

Giles

Hah! two more welsh peeps in south wales (i'm in newport or better known as zooport),
I know of someone in cardiff that may be able to do it for you.
Jason Hicks - http://www.propmaker.co.uk/
Tell him that I say Hi As i was bugging the hell out of him with airbrushing methods lol

Nick

That's quite outrageous, I got my partner to cast my head at a total cost of about £30 :F

The hard part was getting the alginate mixed in the right ratio so it didn't drip off the face, the back of the head can just be done in modroc (plaster bandages) unless you're really particular about needing precise detail on the back of the head. 500g of alginate powder is more than enough to cast your face and costs about £10. Add to that a couple of rolls of plaster bandages, some plaster of paris, and a bucket of sand to support the mold while you fill it, £600 is a LOT of money for that, when the parts to make it come in at around 5% of the price!

I don't know if I can really help you find someone who can cast your head, but I can confirm that £600 is WAY too much to pay for it, unless they're casting it in bronze or something.

That's quite outrageous, I got my partner to cast my head at a total cost of about £30 :F

The hard part was getting the alginate mixed in the right ratio so it didn't drip off the face, the back of the head can just be done in modroc (plaster bandages) unless you're really particular about needing precise detail on the back of the head. 500g of alginate powder is more than enough to cast your face and costs about £10. Add to that a couple of rolls of plaster bandages, some plaster of paris, and a bucket of sand to support the mold while you fill it, £600 is a LOT of money for that, when the parts to make it come in at around 5% of the price!

I don't know if I can really help you find someone who can cast your head, but I can confirm that £600 is WAY too much to pay for it, unless they're casting it in bronze or something.

I'm sorry was that giles or jason asking price? I'm confused here lol as I don't know how much both these peoples charges. If that was a quote from jason yeah I would agree that is a bit steep!

I'm sorry was that giles or jason asking price? I'm confused here lol as I don't know how much both these peoples charges. If that was a quote from jason yeah I would agree that is a bit steep!
Sorry, not used to this forum system yet

It was the price the OP said was the best he could find on Google.

My other half has suggested going to a college, finding the art department, and asking a student to cast your head, they'll likely do it for the cost of materials, maybe a little for their time, and a few photos for their portfolio ^_^

Cheers

Giles
I have lots of friends that do this in the UK. Get ahold of me.

Be carefull of using someone who's not that experianced, its dangerous, and if they screw up the mixing of the alginate, expensive to, goodluck with it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back