Fujimi Police Spinner Lighting Sequence

Custard Gannet

I've spent a year adapting the 1:24 Fujimi Spinner for lighting, and it's almost broken me. It has 5 circuits and about 70 LEDs. I've already "sequenced" the lower lights the old school analogue way with 2 transistors, a capacitor and a 555 timer. Now I need to sequence the bubble dome lights, for which (I think) I'll need a board with multiple channels for breathing light sequences. Any advice on where I should look for a specific board like this?

I'd Need:

- About 12 channels for pulsing / breathing lights
- Lights breathing at slightly different speeds
- All on a board approx. 6cms x 4.5cms.

Does anyone have any advice on where I should look? Thanks a Lot.

Spinnercomp.jpg

A tiny CPU driving a string of individually addressable smart LEDs, totally. Much easier than old-school analogue electronics and way more flexible!

A small Arduino if you want to learn how to code or already do so. A BBC micro:bit or Circuit Playground Express if you just want drag and drop simplicity. Neopixels are one brand name for a family of related CPU-controllable LEDs.

Thanks so much for this information - I've had a good look at it, and bookmarked a lot.

I'm limited to teeny smd LEDs, as the housing is so small (everything is microscopic in scale on this thing), so I don't think smart LEDs are going to help.

I took this project on a year ago because I was obsessed, and I've learned a ton (I'd never used a soldering iron before...) was hoping to avoid the CPU route, as I'm already at the end of a long and extremely arduous learning curve on this project, but it looks like I may have to take the time and go for it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back