Prop Store
  1. Welcome to the Junkyard!

This forum is intended for the sale of single items only. These items must be “ready to ship.” While any member can respond to a listing, only Premium Members can create listings.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Unbroken Unmolested Photo Multiplier Tube

Discussion in 'Junkyard' started by mugatu, Dec 6, 2018.

1. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello.

You are buying an unbroken Photo Multiplier tube. You can see the little vent plates in there. Great for a Vader Reveal or a Reveal lightsaber. Hell, it works best for a Photo Multiplier Reveal, but that’s your decision.

These things are expensive. I do not believe this one has the copper colored vent plates, but I do not know that for sure as I haven’t broken this open.

The price includes shipping to the lower 48 USA. I will ship internationally but it will be an additional cost for that. Please request an estimate.

I accept Paypal but I can not hold this item, therefore the first to pay for this will be the next owner.

Thank you and Happy Hunting!

Andy/mugatu

17C7085A-5A5A-4B26-AB7B-89D31ADDECCC.jpeg 80983714-0D79-4ADD-8BAE-9A7B09DA2E5A.jpeg 85FFFAFD-9878-41D6-B34B-353AD4868B61.jpeg 6EA985B1-7E35-42BC-8916-A854D3A62D1E.jpeg

2. PAULH

PAULH Active Member

I used to work for the company that made that photomultiplier. For anyone wishing to take it apart to get at those precious dynodes some care is needed for two particular reasons:
    - It is under vacuum (the brown colour on the input window confirms that - if not under vacuum that brown colour would have disappeared).
    - There is likely to be an antimony coating on the dynodes and adjacent parts (and tiny antimony beads on thin wires that are heated to evaporate onto them).

newmagrathea and mugatu like this.
  3. mugatu

Price drop!!!

4. mugatu

Price DROP!
    The item I was selling all of these parts to have enough money to purchase has slipped away! Last chance to grab this. Its 1/3 to 1/4 what you will pay elsewhere.

5. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I take it Andy...PM incoming

mugatu likes this.
  6. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

Congrats! Great find!

7. HB1098S

HB1098S Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Did Marcus grab this or is it still available?