FS: Adler Universal 20 - close to "Shining" typewriter

Buy now for 100.00 USD
You don't have the permission to purchase
Prop Store

jchristman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This typewriter is available for pickup in Los Angeles. I'd like to avoid shipping due to weight and chance of further damage.

This is an Adler Universal 20 typewriter. It's a very similar model to the Universal 39 featured in The Shining. Unfortunately, this particular typewriter was damaged in shipment, resulting in one of the knobs shattering and a crack in the housing. I'm not sure well it actually functions as a typewriter...a few keys stick, but it seems to work mostly as I'd expect (I'm not familar with typewriters though). I'd suspect you could have it in working condition with some servicing, but I can't guarantee that something internal didn't get bent or damaged during shipment.

These seem to be pretty rare in the US, but in light of the damage, I'm asking for $100 if you come pickup in LA.

Attachments

• adler1.jpg
    adler1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,426
  • adler2.jpg
    adler2.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 15
  • adler3.jpg
    adler3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • adler4.jpg
    adler4.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 17

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store