frost bio/ice bio

that actually might be cool. a clear resin bio with slight blues in it. might look more like a mid cloak bio though.

Yes ,Ice and I have been toying with the ide for quite sometime but finding the right material for it has proven quite hard.if it's to clear enough is too brittle and if it's strong enough its not clear enough. we have talekd about casting a clear bio and add the flashing eyes to it as if it was cloaked just like in P1 and AVPR.

Yes ,Ice and I have been toying with the ide for quite sometime but finding the right material for it has proven quite hard.if it's to clear enough is too brittle and if it's strong enough its not clear enough. we have talekd about casting a clear bio and add the flashing eyes to it as if it was cloaked just like in P1 and AVPR.

even smooth-ons clear resins are not good? i know they have several.

Smooth-on have the 325 color matching one that looks kind of like frosted glass if you cast it without any pigmentation. Never used their totally clear resin, but the specs on it suggest it would hold up. Mind you, the 90 minute cure time might become tedious when slush casting...

yea i was lookin at a site called TAP plastics they got a clear resin that has dyes. But i didnt see a frost color option anywhere

yea i was lookin at a site called TAP plastics they got a clear resin that has dyes. But i didnt see a frost color option anywhere
That's probably because it isn't really an option. Smooth-ons 325 resin is designed for pigmenting. But if you leave OUT the pigment, its natural state is this frosted glass looking stuff. It would be pretty cool for an ice bio or something. Yes, I was bored the day I discovered this.

a few years back i had the idea to cast some clear armor pieces, it didn't have the desired look i was going for but, i think it would work much better on a bio with a slight frosting.

this is how the piece came out with clear resin

clear1.jpg.gif

then i casted up the piece in hot glue...it gave it a nice frosted look buti don't think it's practical for casting up a bio. you would have to melt way to much glue..

codfinal.jpg

Mind you, the 90 minute cure time might become tedious when slush casting...

Yeah that's that what me and LV were talking about. Just finding the right stuff to cure fast enough with out any flaws. And adding stuff in the resin to thicken may discolor the resin.

Yeah I to want a clear bio with some crazy texture some thing like Urtz bios but finding the stuff good enough to make it going to be hard.

be cool if someone casted one up but i think it be more for display than trooping wouldnt look right with a cloaked piece of armor and the rest of the costume standing out

had an idea about seeing a semi clear bio with some lighted circuitry predator symbols showing through but only in certain sections as an underlayer

not sure i'm describing the idea correctly.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back