From the Archives! New pics discovered on Pg 4

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes I came across the picture today unexpectedly-it was taken around Halloween night in 1981. We won a few costume contests that year-I am Solo in the picture...

smallerstarwars_roberts.JPG

Last edited:
In keeping with the Star Wars Halloween theme- I found this one from my Halloween party last year- a friend came as Dr Evil- that is me as Vader.

Dr Evil really liked those Master Replica FX sabers--since he is so eeeeviiiil-I guess he should have probably had a red one though

vaderDrevil.JPG

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Apr 23 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1231505[/snapback]</div>
It just occured to me...where did you guys get blasters like that in 1981????
[/b]

I was about to 'correct' you, Thomas, as I mis-read the original post as 1991..... which I thought was pretty damn impressive...

But.... 19-EIGHTY ONE.?.?. Now that is seriously impressive.... the blasters, the Chewbacca costume, the character's likeness to the actors, especially 'Leia' who is about 10 lbs short of being a 99% clone of Carrie Fisher. :love Shame I was only 6 years-old in 1981. ;)

Absolutely stunning work. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,
John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Apr 22 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]1231505[/snapback]</div>
It just occured to me...where did you guys get blasters like that in 1981????
[/b]

I had a good friend who was a history teacher and a real militaria buff. Since all we had in those days was some very limited photo reference like the StarWars storybook and soundtrack album picture, no visual dictionaries, no DVD's with frame grab capabilities, and no RPF we had to look elsewhere. We looked through the old militaria archives and identified the base weapons we now know and love: C96 mauser, sterling machine gun etc and went from there adding the scopes, grips details as best we could. We were lucky as another friend's dad had a machine shop with a lathe and that really helped with the pieces. All the blasters were all metal. I still have the Solo mauser from those days. We also did Leia's blaster and Chewie's bowcaster which were not in the photo.

Yes Leia looked just like her. Luke and I were college roommates and are still great friends to this day.

awesome picture, thanks for sharing with us.

do you have more pictures? i´d really would love to see more... :love

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoCKo @ Apr 23 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]1231625[/snapback]</div>
awesome picture, thanks for sharing with us!

do you have more pictures? i´d really would love to see more... :love
[/b]

Ok, I found a couple of more pictures-these are from the 1983 Premiere of Jedi when my friends and I worked the local theater and entertained the lines waiting to get in. We were rewarded with a screening the night before with the local press and the movie theater staff. You can see one of my friends came as George Lucas circa 1983. That cracked us all up.

There were lots of thrilled kids, many happy adults, and we got on the local TV news as well as in the papers. See the articles. I don't know if you can read the text, but you get the idea.

Very nostalgic coming across this old stuff! It was a fun time.

smallJediPremierepicture1983.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back