From the Archives! New pics discovered on Pg 4

WOW. Let's see, I was six, so I was probably swinging around a wiffle ball bat and calling it a lightsaber. That's great work even by today's research standards when you can see every detail. "Most impressive."

Unlike the movies- Luke married her and they are still happily married to this day- some 23 years later.

Don't worry Solo got a great girl as well..

YEAH...pics please :) ...

I see Luke used a MGC sterling, but I´m interested in the add-on parts

Markus

The old self-made Solo mauser is in storage-next time I go I will pull it out take a picture and post it.

I did find this picture of it in the holster rig I built back in the early 80's. The picture is recent but that is the same holster I made in my sophomore year at college.

soloholster.JPG

Last edited:
Is that the old Fourm 303 mall in Arlington that closed down a few years ago.... here in Texas?

Also, it would be interesting to see pics of everyone now, 23 years later, to see how times have changed.

Wow, I remember seeing Tron at the 303 theater back in the day. In 1983 I saw ROTJ when I was 9 years old. I don't remember the theater, I lived in Duncanville (still do) but I'd have to ask my parents what theater we went to.

NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE.....

THATS AWESOME. WHO THE HELL IN 81 knew about mausers, sterlings, and what looks like a hensoldt scope on yur mauser? n a M38 on yur sterling...us "old school" rpfrs only found out about this stuff circa 99....MORE PICS... n ya, that leia is a HOTTIE. curt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(James Kenobi 1138 @ Apr 25 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]1232503[/snapback]</div>
Wow, I remember seeing Tron at the 303 theater back in the day. In 1983 I saw ROTJ when I was 9 years old. I don't remember the theater, I lived in Duncanville (still do) but I'd have to ask my parents what theater we went to.
[/b]

AND is that a FREAKIN GRAFLEX on lukes belt? did anyone know about graflexs in 81? are ya related to lucas or somthing? sheesh.... :)

We figured the graflex thing out pretty quickly as early articles referred to Luke's saber as a "converted vintage flashgun" -a quick trip to an old photography shop in Ft. Worth and questioning an old timer there with a few select production stills from Starlog answered that one back in the day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauleysolo @ Apr 24 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1232580[/snapback]</div>
We figured the graflex thing out pretty quickly as early articles referred to Luke's saber as a "converted vintage flashgun" -a quick trip to an old photography shop in Ft. Worth and questioing an old timer there with a few select production stills from Starlog answered that one back in the day.
[/b]

Dang. You I am humbled to find your love of this hobby is still with you. Amazing story.

My claim to fame is I identified the singlepoint scope. Or at least found one from the little clues. But I had the internet. I was also one of the first to locate a graflex and m32 scope. This of course was all done with the internet.

Mark Cheng

1981.........BLOODY HELL.

Those costumes still put many today to shame and that Chewie costume could give Wook a run for his money.

I'll pass that on to the friend who made the wookie way back when- he still has the costume.. Only the hands have disintegrated-everything else looks great.

When I gather recent pictures of all the players I will post what we all look like today.

Here is Solo (me) today-all grown up--

smallerB_WenlargePaul_Roberts020_1.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Apr 23 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1231423[/snapback]</div>
Yes I came across the picture today unexpectedly-it was taken on Halloween night in 1981. we won a few costume contests that year-I am Solo in the picture...

sw_roberts.jpg

[/b]
WOW, that's pretty un-freaking amazing... can't believe I missed this thread.

You've matched the promo photo pretty well.

And it still amazes me that your picture is from '81. :eek Very impressive.

Dang, wish I could've met with you guys back then. You could have helped me with my Vader I did in 79 (after seeing ESB).

[attachmentid=8279]

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Cross @ May 27 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1251670[/snapback]</div>
Dang, wish I could've met with you guys back then. You could have helped me with my Vader I did in 79 (after seeing ESB).

[attachmentid=8279]
[/b]

lol, I like it :lol

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back