From Phineas & Ferb TV Series I'm glad to present my newest project: Norm Unleashed

Commander Fox

Hi RPF Community. As the title itself says, from Phineas & Ferb TV Series, I'm glad to present to all of you my newest project: Norm Unleashed (from the name of the episode 30b of the Season 3). :D

o_ab22b279d1e36080-238.jpg

Many of you could think that my project is a human-size costume replica. But it's not right. Norm is an over-sized humanoid robot built by Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
For this reason, the costume replica will be a life-size replica of Norm.

I'm just 177 cm (69.69") tall, while Norm, according to my measurements, is 320 cm (125.98") tall. So, between me and him there is a difference of 143 cm (56.3"). Consequently, my head wil reach half of his body.

To find his height, I have used the system of mathematical proportionality:

58ec5c8eafd646debd9b2e1af1a2c1d5_B.png

• My height: 177 cm (26 unities)
  • Norm's height: 47 unities

• 177cm/X = 26unity/47unity
  • (177*47)/26 = 319.96 ~ 320

But I'm tall enough to be able to put my legs inside his legs and move them. If it will be required, inside his shoes I'll insert 2 rectangular blocks of wood of a specific height that will allow me to be high enough to let my knees to coincide with Norm's knees.

To move his arms and his head, I'll use the LEGO Powerfunctions products:

• (5x) 88003 L-Motor - or - 8883 M-Motor - or - 8882 XL motor
  • (5x) 8885 IR-TX (Handy remote control)
  • (3x) 8881 Battery box
  • (5x) 8871 Power Functions Extension Wire (50 cm) - or - 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box
  • (5x) 8884 IR Receiver

Obviously, I'll be "locked" inside Norm's body. This would not allow me to see outside what is happening and where I'm going. But the problem can be easily and quickly solved. I'll replace Norm's eyes with 2 small webcams linked to a display placed above the remote controls in the body, so that I can see everything is happening outside. And this will be supported by the extra motor under his head controlled by another remote control.

So far, this is all I have done. Soon I'll start building the small components: ears, nose, hands and fingers.
As soon as I have done, I'll publish daily updates regarding my progresses. I hope to finish this project soon! ;)

Attachments

• 3807015.gif
    3807015.gif
    3 MB · Views: 5,073
  • Norm's (Simple) Mechanisms.pdf
    271.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Re: From Phineas & Ferb TV Series I'm glad to present my newest project: Norm Unleash

Ambitious project, love to see you complete it!

Re: From Phineas & Ferb TV Series I'm glad to present my newest project: Norm Unleash

Ambitious project, love to see you complete it!

Thank you DaddyfromNaboo! :D Yeah, I confirm it: it's pretty ambitious. :lol
I just started now working on the ears. No 3D programs (or stuff like that), just a few pictures and Microsfoft Word and a printer.

Last edited:

RPF Community, I'm happy to let you know that the first components (ears, nose and mouth) are ready. And I'm almost done with measuring every size.

41.png42.png43.png

I really want you to succeed with this, it would be 100% awesome. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

I really want you to succeed with this, it would be 100% awesome. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Thanks for your support Mr Mcgoo. I'm at a good point. Today I'll start building the first components (ears, nose and mouth) and also legs and arms. ;)

Hi everybody! I'm back with new updates regarding the progress of my project. I've finally completed all the measurements and now I can start drawing and building the first components!

You can give a look to them, if you are interested. The measurements are all in centimeters, and the words that I have wrote are in Italian. But this is irrelevant.

View attachment Norm-Ale's size.pdf

Attachments

• Norm-Ale's size.pdf
    332.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Norm-Ale's size.pdf
    332.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Hi RPF Community. I'm glad to let you know that I started to build my own Norm. These are the progress so far:

08/07/2014:
DSC07013.JPGDSC07014.JPG

09/07/2014:
DSC07017.JPGDSC07016.JPGDSC07015.JPG

That was a fun episode. Fun idea for a project. Did he later have a Minotaur head later in the episode?

Wolf

That was a fun episode. Fun idea for a project. Did he later have a Minotaur head later in the episode?

Wolf

Thank you The Wolf. :) Actually, the Minotaur head appeared in the 1st episode where Norm is presented, episode 17a (Greece Lightning) from Season 1.

Last edited:

Hi everybody, I wanted to let you know that for a few weeks I won't be able to continue with the project because I'm moving to another city, so I'm busy emptying my old house.
But in the meanwhile I can let you know about my new ideas for the project "Norm Unleashed": the wallet with the CD (appeared in the episode 21a of Season 1 "Traffic Cam Caper") and the switch appeared on Norm's back in episode 17a (Season 1) "Greece Lightning". Below you can see 2 pictures:

o_ff6fe0c1bf48d85d-0.jpg o_00f3e581ab6dbdbf-49.jpg

o_ff6fe0c1bf48d85d-234.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back