From Knights of the Old Republic...

Hermes

Sr Member
It´s somewhat old, and I didn´t even want to post it on the RPF, considering the amount of great work here, but looking at a thread with "props that eluded you" someone there posted something about Darth Revan´s Lightsaber.

Though I haven´t made his Saber, I made his suit, and I´d like to share with you, RPF. I hope you like it, and I´m here to answer to any inquiry about it.

The first picture is the only reference I had to make that costume besides a full frontal picture of his Helmet, and that was about it, so I had to go from there.

I think some pictures are dark, but there´s one taken with the flash that shows more details of the suit. Again, I´m here to reply to any question about it, should there be anyone who wishes to make it.

And about the pictures, thank you, Wackychimp.

Hermes.

Revan-Reference.jpg

Revan1.jpg

Revan3.jpg

Revan4.jpg

Hey awsome revan is my favorit jedi/sith of all time.. the costume seems a bit diffrent then i remember it, but thats just me not trying to be rude or anything. but other then that I love it great work..

Gundam, as I told you, I had only that picture for reference, specially because i´m not into gaming, then I never saw him moving.... I hope it didn´t stray TOO far.:) That´s the RPF - helping me out.:):)

the shoulder armor you have on there is actually just part of the cape on the in game model, and i think the chest piece is supposed to just be a leather like material, that being said, nice job for the limited reference material you had. if i would have known someone was attempting this costume, i would have shared this render i made by getting the model into 3dsmax and ripping it apart to see all the different views

http://www.darcjedi.com/kotor/model%20rend...all%20views.jpg

-Jeff

Dear Lord, Jeff.. I´ll bear that in mind when and IF I make that again - and the armor is a leather-like material, it just doesn´t show in the pictures, it´s not as textured as I thought the camera would pick up.

I was WAY off then.... oh, well, can someone remove this topic? :lol

Should I have known the RPF had reference material on that, I`d have picked that up, but it was almost too clear that it was a big shoulder armor.....

oh, the horror....

Originally posted by darcjedi@Feb 23 2006, 09:36 PM
the shoulder armor you have on there is actually just part of the cape on the in game model, and i think the chest piece is supposed to just be a leather like material, that being said, nice job for the limited reference material you had.  if i would have known someone was attempting this costume, i would have shared this render i made by getting the model into 3dsmax and ripping it apart to see all the different views

http://www.darcjedi.com/kotor/model%20rend...all%20views.jpg

-Jeff
[snapback]1191884[/snapback]​

Thanks for posting that darcjedi, i might have to try my hand at a revan costume now that i have that link to go on. :D

well i hope i didnt come off sounding THAT critical... i think its a great costume, btu if you decide to do it over... you can make it even better :)

i also have renders of a lot of the other characters in that folder, like the sith troopers, tuskens, malak, and i cant remember what else.

http://www.darcjedi.com/kotor/model%20renders/

-Jeff

Originally posted by Lin-Si-Tar Konnair@Feb 24 2006, 02:53 AM
Dear Lord, Jeff.. I´ll bear that in mind when and IF I make that again - and the armor is a leather-like material, it just doesn´t show in the pictures, it´s not as textured as I thought the camera would pick up.

I was WAY off then.... oh, well, can someone remove this topic? :lol

Should I have known the RPF had reference material on that,  I`d have picked that up, but it was almost too clear that it was a big shoulder armor.....

oh, the horror....
[snapback]1191904[/snapback]​

No, Jeff. Not at all:) I´m very happy that you folks from the RPF liked it, I´ve got more stuff to show.... Lately I haven´t been posting my stuff or tooting my own horn because I´ve been out of the costuming loop for myself, only for others. Which means, only Jedi Suits, which, though very satisfying, don´t leave me much time to pursue other things.

Other thing - I would very much like to assist anyone who wishes to make that suit, for I gained a lot of knowledge from it, and it could prove useful to other people here on the RPF.

Thank you guys so much, it is truly a great thing when one sees one´s work fully recognized, and only here on the RPF I could attain the degree of satisfaction with it and myself that I intended in the first place.

awww jeff what are you doing to me. now i am kicking around a sith trooper helmet idea also :D the pictures are great.. so much detail can be seen leading to ideas.. of "i think i can do this"

Great to hear from you Hermes. You have been missed.

Really nice craftsmanship on your Lord Revan. I am very glad you thought to share this again, as I think many people benefit from such a post.

My best to you and Alessandra,
Thomas

Thank you so much, Thomas. I can´t describe how I feel, considering YOU´re complimenting me. I actually hope people benefit from this post, even with a blatant mistake on the shoulder pads, but then again, as the folks said, I couldn´t have known. However, the rest of the suit was relatively painless to make, and then I could lend a hand specially to Gundam Zeppelin, who seems to want one.

It was a relatively simple suit to make, specially the undersuit (which is a very long shirt, like a priest´s vest, but with some catches, and what else? The Helmet was sort of fudged, due to lack of reference, the front is almost accurate, but the back is fudged:)

Well, I still have the plans I used to make it, if you wish, Zeppelin.

May the Force be with you all.

Hermes.

Gundam, here is some concept art from the kotor web site that i think is even cooler than the finished model... i especially like the second one.

7%5b1%5d.jpg

17%5b1%5d.jpg

in addition to a sith trooper, i would also like to have a kotor era tusken. i love the big canister breather thing the masks have on them :)

Saved both i might just put my vader helmets on hold for this, or maybe i should start with revan he is easyer i cant make up my mind.. the only thing i know for sure is i need more money if i want to do ether helmet
:D

OK - I had some synthetic leather-like material, but with a very fine grain, in red and black. So I printed out the face which was the only thing remaining in my reference that I didn´t post here (I.E - I deleted it). And then I drew the planes that made up the mask. I came to the conclusion that the face mask was easily done in a sturdy cardboard, and then I went for it, with all the reliefs existent in the original facemask.

The upper part was a trick, for since I didn´t have any reference, and couldn´t find, I supposed that no one would discredit me if I just fudged it, so I designed an upper part and the side parts that were to be beneath the hood.

Now we have a facemask and a design, but nothing to build it with, so I picked up EVA foam and made a helmet out of it, in very much the same shape as Revan´s helmet, and then I covered it in the same leather-like material and added a lens made out of a soda bottle, with window film, and there it is, a VERY lightweight, sturdy and beautiful Lord Revan Helmet.

I still have the designs if you wish.

Hermes.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back