Frist Time Modified /WarMachine Cardboard build.

williamsboy

Been a member for a little while, ( a month) but always an avid admirer. I never had the desire to share because frankly, I felt I wasn't even close to as talented as the many amazing people in this community. Well. my kids says that I should post progress pics of a costume I'm making for him. I don't have pep files that I can mod so I use reference pics and a ruler to make sure I'm getting his current size. I'm using all the tips, and tricks and helpful hints that this community has offered over the past couple years that I've been using it as help and guidance. I started with taking a basic card board outline of his body (he said the pencil tickled so it wasn't 100% accuarate)
step 1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here is step two.. did a mold of his body to help with accuracy and fit.
step2.JPG

Last edited:
step 3.. keeping the my darn CAT away.. for some reason EVERY TIME I TRY TO BUILD SOMETHING he poops on it!!
partially why it's taken me over a year to post anything
.IMG_2679.jpg

Last edited:
Here is most recent progress.. finished helm last night.. arms and abs and chest and back over weekend. doing a new helm because again, no printer, so it was easier to do the newer style Ironman Helms.... I think may add the typical WM Jaw to this.. not sure yet..just going to have fun with it.
IMG_2722.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_3026.jpgtook an old pair of yard gloves that had cool patterning on them, cut the tips of fingers out then hot glued them so they'd fit him. then took 2 push lights from target, cut holes out and hot glued them in side. what's nice about that is while his hand is inside it cups the lights adding extra fill to the gloves.. I was pressed for time and didn't make real fingers or hand parts.
IMG_3024.jpgcenter light is a push light from target, used some red plastic car light ting over top (about three layers) to get it to look red and not pink.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3034.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpgIMG_3015.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

after resin and paint here is the little guy suited up.
IMG_3122.jpg
and of course I couldn't forget a pic of him
being weaponized. lol
IMG_3135.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a video I put together of my sons WAR-MACHINE costume in action!!
I'm happy to report that he won first place at a local costume contest! he is so elated and is already working on next year with me!
[video]https://youtu.be/Ow1nbJonBpI[/video]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back