Friday the 13th Jason Mask

Yes, Mike over at FOD makes awesome hocks, and the paint jobs he does can hardly be matched.... I own a part 3 and 4 and they are excellent

Yea FOD make the best masks out there. Nightowl makes some but not often and very hard to get. I believe that Mike at FOD has a screen used mold that he makes his 3,4 and 6 out of.

Originally posted by tylerdurden_soap_maker@Feb 23 2006, 01:06 AM
He might think he has a screen-used mold, but only the collector's find site/fx artist has the original mold from part 3.
[snapback]1191230[/snapback]​

So what are his other masks molded from? Or are they all based off of the mold he has?

I bought a FOD part 7 hock last halloween, it's great except for the triangle was hand painted and there are obvious brush strokes, which I'm not happy with
mike

Originally posted by TK9120@Feb 23 2006, 06:31 AM
So what are his other masks molded from? Or are they all based off of the mold he has?
[snapback]1191322[/snapback]​

I believe most of the blanks that have any linneage were recast from the inside of some promotional blanks that were sold by the Collector's Find seller back in the 80's.

All masks from the Collector's Find site are pulls from the part 3 mold.

The triangle from PT7 was hand painted (rather badly) on the screen-used mask so it is actually pretty accurate.

As for "...most were recast from athe PT3 mold...", I probably will never agree with this statement because the PT3 and the first PT4 masks are unique in size and shape. It was most likely used in the PT4 poster art and also looks like it was used at the end of PT5 in the "mirage" hospital scene.

These four examples are shaped unlike ANY other masks in the series and the new CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES book stated that the team that made the PT3 mask also made the ones for PT4.

Sorry..no new masks were made for part 4..only slighly modified part 3 masks they received. This info comes straight from Tom Savini. If the book says that it is faulty....This has been proven through screen caps..

Dick Warlock actually owns a mask used in part 3, 4, and the dream sequence in part 5.

Originally posted by TK9120@Feb 21 2006, 08:03 PM
Jusr trying to find out who makes he best ones.
[snapback]1190123[/snapback]​

Here is another link for you. Check them out. I have not dealt with them but I have been told by others that they had great transactions. I plan on picking up a part 4 and 7 before the halloween rush starts this year.

Silver Shampain Novelties

Greg

If Savini says they didn't make any new masks, I'll go along with it. You are right, though, just looking at the shapes of the masks in 3, 4,and 5, you can just tell they are the same. I've had some people on other boards disagree about it, but it's obvious if you know what to look for.

As for FOD, the masks look great on his site, but sometimes the holes aren't cleaned up enough IMO. If you aren't anal about that little thing, they are pretty awesome. He's also has the closest PT3 in shape that I've seen.

Thanks for that link Greg. Those look pretty good. Not a bad price either.

Originally posted by Gman666+Apr 9 2006, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gman666 @ Apr 9 2006, 09:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK9120
@Feb 21 2006, 08:03 PM
Jusr trying to find out who makes he best ones.
[snapback]1190123[/snapback]​

Here is another link for you. Check them out. I have not dealt with them but I have been told by others that they had great transactions. I plan on picking up a part 4 and 7 before the halloween rush starts this year.

Silver Shampain Novelties

Greg
[snapback]1223375[/snapback]​
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poopsko24 @ May 13 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]1243558[/snapback]</div>
whats wrong with nightowl productions website ? have'nt been able to get on there in awhile.
[/b]

I just tried and it worked for me.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back