Fricken' Laser Beam!

poormansjb

I have a sort of accidental collection of Austin Powers memorabilia (I picked-up Michael Caine's "Nigel Powers" suit cheap at a PIH auction and it just snowballed from there) including one of the original shark lasers from Goldmember. The electronics contained in the acrylic section (the rest is molded vinyl) were originally battery-operated but I modified them to run off an AC adapter, though that means it's no longer watertight.
View attachment 89589 View attachment 89584 View attachment 89585 View attachment 89587 View attachment 89588 View attachment 89586

There wasn't alot of interest in it when Screen Used listed in on their site nor when they consigned it to PIH so i was surprised by how much attention it got at the SoCal RPF meet a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 89594

By the time I bought it from Screen Used, the emitter rings had almost all come loose and the barrel was covered in glue so there was some restoration to be done. Also, it had somehow gotten to Screen Used assembled backwards -- making it about twice as long as it was designed to be -- and that, unfortunately, is the scale they built the display case to.

View attachment 89583 View attachment 89582

Last edited:
I congratulated you on your collection at the party. They are nice pieces but I think what really struck me was your presentation. The pieces were all displayed very handsomely.

KC

I congratulated you on your collection at the party. They are nice pieces but I think what really struck me was your presentation. The pieces were all displayed very handsomely.

Thanks. It was my first time at an RPF event; I've shown stuff (mostly Bond) at fundraisers and so on but this was obviously a very different environment. I need to somehow promote that I'm doing all my own framing/shadowboxing, write my own copy, and create my own graphics (though alot of those elements were hard to see since the Powers pieces were up on stage).

To second, that really is a nicely done display.

Though, to second another thought, your next step should be to build a shark head podium :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back