FREEZE!

you gotta work out some sort of ventilation for that dome! lol
like put a few vent slats in the neck part that can be covered over with that nylon material and add a little electric fan or something so that you don't wind up dead :D

but either way i love it!

Thanks everyone! I think being mistaken for an action figure is about the highest compliment I could receive.

I got the helmet from this guy on eBay (after spending a few weeks contacting every acrylic manufacturer I could find). I had him modify it so it was 14.5" high. It does have a little ventilation from under the collar in the front and back but it was still pretty hot in there. If I do wear it again I may try to add the Oxygen tank but I definitly need to look into a bald cap. I shaved my head for the first time to pull this off and it is not a good look for me. :)

I really like this costume a lot. The simplicity in it makes it awesome.

Yes, you do look like an action figure grown to 1:1 scale and it's a great compliment.

Thanks everyone! I think being mistaken for an action figure is about the highest compliment I could receive.

If I do wear it again I may try to add the Oxygen tank but I definitly need to look into a bald cap. I shaved my head for the first time to pull this off and it is not a good look for me. :)

A bald cap is going to be hotter than shaving. I'd look into hiding some fans to draw out the warm air, or just to get things circulating.

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I, too, was confused at first as to why an action figure was in the replica costume forum until I figured it out. Great job!

Awesome work! Always wanted to see this costume done well in real life. Love the design.

MrFreeze_btas.jpg

Mr.-Freeze.jpg

2230405347_d56cc39ec4.jpg

Thanks guys! Laban a.k.a. Fishybob made the Freeze gun for me. You might want to contact him. I look at these pics and I'm glad I did it. Still a lot of things I would've like to have added like the oxygen tank, red led's in the goggles, blue in the helmet, a silver chest, shoulder rings, etc. I was even thinking of doing some kind of effect with dry ice. Maybe I'll the ice man will return again one day.

That was awesome. I figured this was a display mannequin and was with the rest wondering how you posed him with the fingers bent to hold the helmet. Then I had the "Holy Carp!" moment.

Shaving your head for the cause? For that result, totally worth it!

MM

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back