Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash - A Fan Film.

CB2001

Master Member
A while ago, I mentioned that I was the set photographer on a fan film called Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash. I just got back from a special screening the director was holding for the cast and crew of the final edit. However, I'm giving you guys the heads up that if you're attending Spooky Empire's May-hem in Orlando this upcoming weekend, you can be able to watch a special screening at the booth for Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash at 2pm on Saturday.

However, if you're not, don't worry. As soon as Trent Duncan, the director, uploads it to YouTube, I'll post the link here to allow you guys to see it. For now, there's a Facebook page for it, which includes a lot of my behind the scene pictures.

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash Fan Film | Facebook

:cool

Ladies and Gentlemen! Here is the link to the fan film. Enjoy!

Edit: Link in this post was dead. Newer one posted as reply below.

Additional Edit: If you're also looking for some more info on the fan film, you can go here to check it out.

Last edited:
Today I had a good day. I went to Spooky Empire's May-hem as a representative for this fan film (which for me, I got in without paying the general admission thanks to Trent Duncan) and, I got to meet and get Bruce Campbell's autograph. Got to also see some of the screen-used props from Jaws and see Tom Sullivan's Evil Dead props, too. Seeing these screen used items in both Jaws and Evil Dead related props person was amazing (even the 1:1 scale copy of the head of Bruce the Shark that was pulled right from the original master used to create the sharks for the film, which can be seen in the banner for this site for the documentary The Shark is Still Working).

All and all, it was a pretty good day. :D

That was spectacular!!!!!!

Of course it is. Being on the set for the two days for the shoot was pretty awesome. In fact, that Jeep you see in the film that the girls were driving is my Jeep (and I even contributed the A Farewell to Arms paper book, which I designed after the copy in EDII. I told Trent about it, joking about how funny it'd be to see a copy of the book in the Jeep. He liked the idea and so it ends up being in the film).

I figured I'd resurrect this old post, especially since we're so close to Halloween, and having a horror fan film to kill some time may be useful. FYI, Trent is working on the script on what would be his final "Vs." film (I already know who he selected, but I won't tell).

Awesome flick! And in my home state, too. I wish the film was longer and actually had an ending or explanation of certain events, but it is what it is... and that's pretty damn cool!

The lawn chair kill was fabulous and worked! The Jason costume was excellent, as was Ash's. The Freddy head was the only real issue, but with the budget you must have had, everything was superbly done.

I want more! If you guys are ever in Pinellas County and need help, lemme know!!

Awesome flick! And in my home state, too. I wish the film was longer and actually had an ending or explanation of certain events, but it is what it is... and that's pretty damn cool!

The lawn chair kill was fabulous and worked! The Jason costume was excellent, as was Ash's. The Freddy head was the only real issue, but with the budget you must have had, everything was superbly done.

I want more! If you guys are ever in Pinellas County and need help, lemme know!!

Yep. Filmed in Florida (and not Miami or the Keys). Actually, when it comes to the ending and the explanation for certain events (like how Ash knows Freddy and vice-versa for example), Trent actually stated he designed it to where the audience were allowed to fill in the spaces (in case the ending bit with Leatherface's appearance confuses you, it's actually a reference to the previous "Vs." film Trent did, which was Jason vs. Leatherface). But if there's any particular bits that are really confusing, I'm willing to help out if its possible.

Yeah, the lawn chair kill was. Trent actually was going to have it where Jason shoves the machete through the girl and then just pull it out like it was a normal knife. I was talking with Cheyenne (who plays Jason) while Trent was setting up the shot, and I said to Cheyenne, "You know, instead of just Jason pulling it out, I would think her head would get stuck on the blade and Jason would have to push her off." Cheyenne said, "That's actually a great idea. Hold on a second." He went over to Trent, talked with him about it, then waved me over. Trent said, "That's a pretty good idea. Sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in a Friday the 13th film. Let's do that." Trent actually liked the sharing of ideas on the set. So, if there was something that he liked and worked in the context of the film, he'd go for it. Shooting the lawn chair kill was really easy. Trent actually just chose an angle where we couldn't see the action and had the blade going in at an angle to the actress' head and have it go through the chair.

BTW, I contributed the "Farewell to Arms" book in the film. When I was talking to Trent in the first few e-mails and he asked about using my Jeep, I was joking about how funny it would be for there to be a copy of "A Farewell to Arms" in the Jeep. He didn't get what I meant at first as it had been a while since he saw Evil Dead 2, so I reminded him of the scene where Ash puts the books on the can and told him that the first book that was placed on top was a copy of "A Farewell to Arms." He actually liked the idea. I told him since I was a little good with Photoshop, I could whip up a "paperback" version of the same book cover in Photoshop and I had a Thesaurus with a cover that was coming off and I figured I could used that for the book.

I personally am no longer in the Orlando area, but I know that Trent is working on the next "Vs." film (I can't say who it's going to be). As for the help thing, if you want, I can let him know that you're interested in helping. But I can't guarantee if he'll need it, but you never know.

Last edited:
Thanks, CB2001. For sure, i would be down to help. And thanks for the explanations! Wonderful film and the fun that it must have been making it showed in this labor of love!

Thanks, CB2001. For sure, i would be down to help. And thanks for the explanations! Wonderful film and the fun that it must have been making it showed in this labor of love!

It's no problem. I've sent Trent a message. I know he primarily works around in the Orlando area. There's a possibility that he may already be crewed up or he may be staying in the Orlando area for the next project, but I figured I'd ask him first and there may a chance he may do another project in another location in the future. But, you never know.

I know you guys must me tired of me bumping up this particular thread. But, if you're not, and you happen to be at MegaCon in Orlando this year, here's a little update for you straight from the Facebook page for the fan film (post made by Trent Duncan):

"Get READY for MegaCon!!
Come check me out @ MegaCon Feb 17th-19th!! Come get your picture taken with The Hockey Mask Horror King Himself, JASON VOORHEES!!
Grab a custom detailed Hockey Mask, along with MANY OTHER collectibles!! Also, DON'T forget to get your FREE raffle ticket to win GREAT prizes!!"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back