Freddy VS Jason Costume Life-sized

sirbrad

Sr Member
Work in progress, been working on it about 4 weeks now and the jacket s a major pain, also added my own fabric in the back for a liner. I posted the jacket awhile back, which is a barn jacket like the screen used one, although not burlap. I painted it some to look more like burlap, and it is a lo tmore comfortable and not as hard to work with. Was going to do the sleeves but would be too much of a pain since the liner is connected to them. I went for the burnt/charred look and used some tinted latex to give that wet looking burnt bloody affect. Got the costume bout 90% done and waiting on the hockey mask and some other stuff to complete it. Also making some eyes to display it as a lifesized. Might sell it when done.
Also found the perfect gray sweater and blue undershirt, as well brown pants. Could not find any wool in the right sizes so I went with the same material as all my other pants which weather up great and are comfortable to wear. Will be using my regular height boots as I do not own platforms as I think they look silly, plus I made this to sell anyway. Love how it is turning out so far! Will be able to see the details better towards the end with outdoor pics and video.

imag00102.jpg

Nice looking. I haven't done too much with fabric distressing on a large scale format, save one jacket. Should do so though as OI have a **** pile of masks without wardrobe.

I really like the long, weathered and distressed leather over coat worn by Kurt Russell in THE SOLDIER, the sci-fi film from Paul Anderson. It's very cool. Your orangy images kind of reminded me of it.

Just about done and ready for outdoor pics and video costume test. Just finishing up detailing and added a super realistic thick blood gel that stays looking wet. :) Waiting on the hock to arrive now. Also finished the gloves and eye work. Wanted to do a VS machete but have no time now. Glad I was finally able to do the VS look and now I want to keep it lol. I got a lot of requests for this costume so when I saw the jacket for sale I decided to finally do one. Can't wait to finish it up should be done in a day or so.

Thanks! Yeah about 5 weeks of distressing lol. Got it ready to go, looks awesome in my house looking at me. :)

OK got it done! Hock is by Els Studios, undermask by The Devil's Latex, eye is by the Propshop, other eye is by me which I just made rotted flesh to match the other. This has a thick blood as I said before that looks wet even after it dries. The blood is slightly darker than shown as light is reflecting off the gloss. I also tried not to bulk this too much as the clothes barely fit this as it is my large mannequin with extended arms. Would fit a regular posed mannequin better though and still works with this. Stands 6'6" with my height boots. Was a fun fist VS costume and that coat was a ***** and there is A LOT of work into it and detail. The fraying and cuts took like a month and a lot of the detail probably will not show on camera. Will do a costume test video later.

Hey, I'm new to this site. I want to make the jason burlap. Can you help with the pattern and how to the weathering and burn effects?

Hi, I did not use burlap or patterns as it is not easy to do and I did not have time to mess with it. I just used a regular barn jacket which is all you need. You will probably also need a seamtress as most do. But you can still get an awesome look without burlap and regular material weathers easier and nicer. You could try making your own but it is a pain. Or look up jacket patterns online.

Thanks. I found a pattern on the green pepper company website, its called the french barn jacket. looks like it will work good after a few mods in case anybody wants a pattern to use.....still debating on burlap....how do i do the weathering and burn effects???

It is a very extensive process that is tough to explain and takes years to refine. I just use a lot of sharp tools, paints, latex etc. Basically just a lot of trial and error until you get it looking good. It takes a lot of practice and you will keep learning new stuff. It is an art like anything else, and with practice it gets better if you really know your work and love it.

Last edited:
ok thanks. what kind of paint and latex should i start with?

I use acrylics as they are not toxic, and get some mask making latex. There are tons of ways to do it though you just have to find what works for you. I pretty much just wing each one so they are unique, and it is tough to even remember what I did or what colors I mixed because I do so many costumes for people. I am still learning every day through trial and error.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back