Freddies Glove

kdawg1

Sr Member
I'd like to make a Nightmare on Elm Street Fredy Glove, is there anywhere on the net to show how or atleast some sort of dimentions or some to aid in the building of one of these.

Originally posted by kdawg1@Sep 21 2005, 05:56 AM
I'd like to make a Nightmare on Elm Street Fredy Glove, is there anywhere on the net to show how or atleast some sort of dimentions or some to aid in the building of one of these.
[snapback]1080781[/snapback]​

Just buy mine and study it :lol (Junkyard)

Its not much, but there is some info here:

http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/night...wstheglove.html

There are bound to be plans online somewhere.

I remember making a Freddy glove when I was a kid from copper pipes and cheap kitchen knives. First 'proper' prop I ever made, I think, aside from a Ghostbusters pack from an old hoover. :D

If you find the plans / templates, please let me know as I wouldn't mind having another go at one of these at some point.

I have a template that some other kind RPF'er sent me several months back when I was looking into making a couple of these. (I have two bladeless gloves sitting on a shelf right now waiting for me to get some blades going...)

This needs to be printed at 300 DPI to look right. Oddly enough though, one image program I have prints this out fine and another prints it out giant size so do a print preview and play with it ahead of time.

Freddy Glove Template

No credit to myself for this. I just wish I could remember who was nice enough to post it for me on here a few months ago.

Originally posted by kdawg1@Sep 21 2005, 05:56 AM
q

Thanks for all the info. I'm just gathering the info for now so I'm ready for when the snow flies.

Originally posted by kdawg1+Sep 21 2005, 01:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdawg1 @ Sep 21 2005, 01:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kdawg1
@Sep 21 2005, 05:56 AM
q

Thanks for all the info. I'm just gathering the info for now so I'm ready for when the snow flies.
[snapback]1080891[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, thanks from me too Flagg, for the template. :)

Nope - it's a giant glove for me - I can never figure out how to resize to print 300DPI - I would noremally copy and drop it into paint or word - but it doesn't seem to let me copy it either.

David

Originally posted by dkwd@Sep 21 2005, 06:20 PM
Nope - it's a giant glove for me - I can never figure out how to resize to print 300DPI - I would noremally copy and drop it into paint or word - but it doesn't seem to let me copy it either.

David
[snapback]1081263[/snapback]​

Usually on your photo editing program under the print options you will see one for size or quality. You can usually change your DPI there.

I use photo impression and it comes out fine. If I use Adobe though it's all FUBAR.

THose were realy old plans of mine. :lol If you use it you need the makebackpllate alot maller the rear of the blade longer and you need to make the finger tips longer. I used 3/4 inch copper type m pipe to make mine this is what it looked like. You need to use 1 inch. This is temps for the VS glove

freddytemplate.jpg

393148c4.jpg

As you can see teh fingertips are way to short.
6e1202f0.jpg

9ea3bd84.jpg

Originally posted by Bowelrock@Sep 21 2005, 09:01 PM
They are easy I wan't gona  lie about it. Soldering it is a bitch though.
[snapback]1081341[/snapback]​

I agree, still havent gotten soldering the blades to work right. I cant find anything inexpensive to use as blades except steak knives, which are stainless and refuse to solder. I have a work around for that until I can find another type of metal to use though so for now I'm happy.

You need to use Brazing Rods to attach the Blades. Connecting Copper to Steel is a pain but I was always successful with Brazing rods.
For those not firmiliar with Brazing Rods, they are similar to solder in the respect of how they are used but suit this purpose well.

I also always used Copper Conduit for the fingers. It is already bent at the right shape and easy to cut with a pair of tin snips and dremel.
Good luck

Okay so we have the plans. do you have an actual step by step process if someone was to do this for my I would OWE them so HUGE. I'm trying to do a Freddy Costume and my brother wants to do a Jason Costume and we wanna scare the crap outta some kids and adults before, durring, and after trick o' treating.

-Ash

Here's a couple of pics I found a while back.
freddy_glove_8.jpg

freddy_glove_7.jpg

I remember making one of these years ago when I was still at school.Funny how I was only thinking about making another one the other week when I saw some copper pipe laying around.I never actually fixed the blades on though,but I would if I made one now.

Paul. :D

I actually built mine back in 88 and did it using the begining of the first film as a guide. I made mine almost exactly the same way but my blades were plated brass.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back