Frankenstein 31 Bust

Ravenville

Hi,

Here's my 1:1 Frankenstein monster sculpt.It still needs a little more work.I'm hoping to finish it in the next few days.Would love to hear any comments or criticisms before i start moulding.It will eventually be made out of silicone with punched hair.The electrodes will be turned from steel.Please excuse the poor iPhone pics I'll post better images when I finish.

Thanks
FullSizeRender-7b.jpg

Some better pics.Almost done! Brushed down the neck today.Need to put the steel electrodes in and clean up the ears.Once I make the mould I might pour a resin copy and sculpt the coat and hair before making a silicone copy.

Gab

frank%20136_1.jpg
frank%20136.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments guys.I really appreciate it.

Zorg, I used a 50/50 mix of green chavant and plasticine for the sculpt.

I'm actually making a full figure display of Frankenstein that is why the base is not "finished".The neck area will be trimmed to fit a mannequin.This will be silicone with punched hair. When I finish the mould I will pull a resin copy and sculpt the hair and coat so that I have a nice display bust as well.

Finally finished the sculpt (although I keep fluffy around with it).

Note: At the moment Frankenstein has two left electrodes.I haven't made the right ones yet.Still need to add the "wire" part as well.The ones shown have been turned out of steel.The electrodes will be removed for moulding.
This is my favourite photo of the Monster.
FullSizeRender-8.jpg

fin%20frank%202.jpg

fin%20frank%203.jpg

fin%20frank%204.jpg

Detail pic
detail%20frank%202.jpg

Let me know if you think the sculpt needs any changes.Once I get the materials I'll start the mould.

Gab

Thanks for the kind words.

Zorg, I mixed the two clays together to make it slightly softer.No drawbacks that I can tell.You can still get fine detail in the sculpt.I melt both separately in pots on two hotplates.When thoroughly melted I carefully pour one into the other and stir.These can get quite hot.The clays have different melting points thats why I heat them separately.When they start cooling you can use the clay to build up the form quickly.

Gab

Thanks for the kind words.

Zorg, I mixed the two clays together to make it slightly softer.No drawbacks that I can tell.You can still get fine detail in the sculpt.I melt both separately in pots on two hotplates.When thoroughly melted I carefully pour one into the other and stir.These can get quite hot.The clays have different melting points thats why I heat them separately.When they start cooling you can use the clay to build up the form quickly.

Gab

thanks for the info, i just use soft chavant myself. its a bit sticky when it gets warm though.

-z

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back