Frank Reade inspired Zeppelin RACER

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

modeleers

Sr Member
An image of what inspired this build.
Taken from the Frank Reade header / banner which appeared on magazine covers.

3 pics that show the basic components for the build.
The 2 posts that connect the Bag to the Gondola represent tubular chain guards -
which house drive-chains that work the main 8 blade pusher propeller.

Looks F A S T doesn't she!

Then I went back-in to begin the superdetails.
I used 'tulle' to depict Net for the 'bag' - which means this 'racer' is a type of Zepp-Blimp hybrid.

detail: The figure is 1/32nd scale & the model measures in at 13.5 inches.
The engine is from 'Rommel's Rod' & the propeller is 2x Hamilton Standards (B-29) force-fit to make 1 air-screw.
Note the sailing-ship's wheel for steering & the small cannon (strictly used for defense / ala Prof Fate's car)

to be continued...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jedimaster

Sr Member
Love it.... I pulled down my Graf Zeppelin kit last night..... Thinking I haven't seen an airship built here for a while.... Well there you go! Nice work.

modeleers

Sr Member
I found 2 'started' GZ kits at garage sales & I'm gonna work them into SteamPunk designs of some kind or another, maybe a single Double-hulled Dreadnaught...

Last edited: