Frank Griffin Godless

Dr Jones Sr

Sr Member
Did a search here, didn't find any threads about Godless or the character Frank Griffin.

A couple photos showing the green frock coat and dark grey waistcoat costume. This shirt has a built-in banded collar.

BSKKWep.jpg

Here the frock coat's fabric can be clearly seen, the shirt fabric (he wears several different shirts) and the strange hat band.
The waistcoat has a military-style standing collar but open lapels.

JydXBzL.jpg

Here he's wearing what looks like a Clerical collar. Combined with the dark standing collar of the waistcoat it gives the character a Priestly look.

u2LhwiA.jpg

Too bad such a small pic but nice showing the overall costume

CNiQW2Z.jpg

If anyone has an idea of where to get fabric suitable for the frock coat it would be appreciated. There are numerous places that make bespoke Victorian/Old West frock coats, the trick is getting the right fabric.

Last edited:
I'm finally getting around to doing my Frank Griffin costume.

I have a question about the arm prop.

Here are three screen grabs and my unfinished prop (lower right).

I just laid the flies around for that photo, but I'm going to be carrying around the arm in the wrap at Cons and I was trying to figure out the best way to secure the flies onto the arm.

If I used a hot glue gun, anywhere a fly fell off there would be a blob of glue, right?

Since the arm is foam all the way through what I was thinking was to drill a tiny hole through each fly and use the longest sewing pins with the smallest heads I could find and just stick the flies to the arm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

bZE4dgf.jpg

I wore my Frank Griffin costume to WonderCon on Friday, walked around carrying the severed arm.

As often happens the photos that you see reveal things about your costume that need adjusting.

Mainly put something inside the clerical collar to make it stand up stiff and flat. It got wrinkled and looked like a white bandana.

And the severed arm showed up looking yellow in photos, much more so that in person. I'm repainting it to match my skin tone like the original prop does. To attach the flies I drilled a tiny hole through each one and stuck the flies to the foam arm with long small-head steel pins. Not a single fly fell off!

On the positive side the hat and hat-band came out perfect. The original hat has a strange shape as you can see.

Here are two pictures of me with some screen shots for comparison.

Jydvq2b.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back