Framing with UV Glass or UV Acrylic Help

probablyjarrett

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Recently acquired a production made "poster" and it's a weird size. Wanna get it framed but def wanna protect it from further discoloration. Can anyone recommend a website or shop that's not crazy expensive that does UV plastic or glass?

20160202_210251.jpg

Not a great pic, but all the posters shown here are in their frames. I always get the metal frames (I think these are all Neilson 117 profile) with UV-filtering acrylic.

have used Hollywood Poster Frames for some high quality movie art, lithographs and One-Sheets.

They do UV Acrylic in custom sizes and varying frame styles from Economy to Deluxe.

Susan is the person I have dealt with there and she is very responsive and precise in her questions about custom orders and types or art being framed.

Here’s an example with and without flash of UV Non-Glare acrylic. Non glare is excellent in person. You can see the flash origin in the 2nd pic but it does not create a glare on the picture.
Also great instructions come with frame and very easy to install artwork.

Attachments

• 6672696D-284D-4659-8DED-D6301DCC070E.jpeg
    6672696D-284D-4659-8DED-D6301DCC070E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • BCB15F63-423C-445B-9247-748FA28DF152.jpeg
    BCB15F63-423C-445B-9247-748FA28DF152.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
have used Hollywood Poster Frames for some high quality movie art, lithographs and One-Sheets.

They do UV Acrylic in custom sizes and varying frame styles from Economy to Deluxe.

Susan is the person I have dealt with there and she is very responsive and precise in her questions about custom orders and types or art being framed.

Did they used to be WholesalePosterframes.com? I feel like I remember their UV acrylic being just slightly "frosted" so no glare but didn't actually protect from UV. Great print BTW.

Did they used to be WholesalePosterframes.com? I feel like I remember their UV acrylic being just slightly "frosted" so no glare but didn't actually protect from UV. Great print BTW.
I’m not sure about that, really don’t know. Sorry. However when I click the link you provided it goes to sight called frameiteasy.com
I know that in person at least to me the acrylic doesn’t look frosted. If you email them they could probably give you a pretty good amount of detail.
Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back