Frak me! Viper kit...

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Duuude. Best resin studio scale kit I've gotten, ever. I gotta say, getting things like this really sets the bar pretty high, and makes a lot of older casts I've seen look like poop. These parts are from the master that Icons utilized (which comes from a 1st gen Pyro model). The master patterns have been cleaned up a LOT, and reconstructed using the correct detail parts where detail had become too wonky. Fuselage isn't warped any longer either. Panel lines are sharp. NO BUBBLES.... insane. This attention to detail and craftsmanship really makes the hobby exciting. Look, why don't you?

IMGP5843.jpg

IMGP5845.jpg

IMGP5847.jpg

IMGP5848.jpg

IMGP5849.jpg

IMGP5850.jpg

IMGP5851.jpg

IMGP5852.jpg

IMGP5853.jpg

IMGP5854.jpg

IMGP5855.jpg

IMGP5856.jpg

IMGP5857.jpg

IMGP5858.jpg

IMGP5859.jpg

IMGP5860.jpg

IMGP5861.jpg

IMGP5862.jpg

IMGP5863.jpg

I'll be building this up soon, so you guys can see what it looks like all painted and fancy ;)

Man...that looks great and with your painting skills, I can't imagine how cool that is going to look.

Good Luck with it. Be sure to return with pics when you're done.

:) I do what I can... and with a clean cast, it's just so much more fun.

"I'll be back"

(drives viper through police station)

Wow. That is one darn clean cast....the details on the helmet even are amazing. Yeah, can't wait until your done with it Moff...it'll rock.

I have a few loose ends to TIE up first (my inside joke to CKing) and then the Viper goes under the gun. It shouldn't take long - there's nothing to fix, lol. Also, there are NEW pilot heads on the way... ones that I believe will knock my socks off. So I'll update ya when I have something new to show.

Funny thing is, I can't WAIT to display this (of all places) at work. I work for NIH, and there are two doctors/researchers on my hall that LOVE BSG - they'll flip when they see this.

Nerds. :p

That is a seriously sweet kit. How about casting the head in clear resin with a white LED in it then masking off the helmet lights & painting? (There - That's why I take forever to finish anything.)

That is a great copy of the Replica Viper we did,
I was the Sculptor who scratchbuilt the Cockpit and
Sculpted the Pilot and Helmet from scratch.

I look forward to seeing you finish it.

no kidding. I am a fan of your work.

Originally posted by propsculptor@Apr 18 2005, 10:40 PM

[snapback]968817[/snapback]​

Thanks, I also designed and sculpted the Predator Base.

Lucky for the Battlestar fans Icons let us be REALLY anal on restoring the missing details on the Viper so that the final piece was as beautiful as the one you now have .

Originally posted by moffeaton+Apr 19 2005, 03:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ Apr 19 2005, 03:50 AM)</div>

<!--QuoteBegin-propsculptor
@Apr 18 2005, 10:40 PM

[snapback]968821[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by propsculptor+Apr 19 2005, 12:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propsculptor @ Apr 19 2005, 12:21 AM)</div>

Lucky for the Battlestar fans Icons let us be REALLY anal on restoring the missing details on the Viper so that the final piece was as beautiful as the one you now have .

Originally posted by moffeaton@Apr 19 2005, 03:50 AM

[snapback]968848[/snapback]​
[/b]

Really really really lucky. THank you for your work on this...it's wonderful....truly. I really hope to hear more from you, and anywone else who worked on the original ship.

Cheers...and thank you... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

There were a few of us that worked on restoring the Viper...Max Cervantes, Scott Brodeen, Me, and Dave Heilmann.

If you are interested in more details let me know.

Originally posted by Jestefarean+Apr 19 2005, 12:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jestefarean @ Apr 19 2005, 12:32 AM)</div>
Originally posted by propsculptor@Apr 19 2005, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by moffeaton@Apr 19 2005, 03:50 AM

[snapback]968848[/snapback]​

Really really really lucky. THank you for your work on this...it's wonderful....truly. I really hope to hear more from you, and anywone else who worked on the original ship.

Cheers...and thank you... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
[snapback]968852[/snapback]​
[/b]

...and now I can figure out who you are. :) I sent you an email...will send a PM as well. CHEERS.

Jesse

The fuselage nose is asymmetrical... Not something that would be viewed lightly by Colonial Engineers...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back