(FP) Colonial One (DONE)

cylon75

HI ,its one to my next model. Fantastic Plastic Colonial One. This model a about 10" long when done,and is roto cast so i could be lit if one wanted to do that , which would be bad doing the main body but the head piece would be difficult to do so that's why I'm skipping lighting this one. How ever any ideas on what to do with the windows as far as making them look lit would be appreciated.
BTW :the 1st thing I noticed about this kit is that the windows along the front edges are round and not square so that's the 1st thing that I'm fixing.
Here's some pictures of what you get.

001-35.jpg

003-46.jpg

004-36.jpg

005-30.jpg

008-17.jpg

009-17.jpg

Last edited:
Re: (FP) Colonial One

Is that the way they all look? If that's the case I'm thankful that I never purshased one then. I see bubble, alignment issues and lots of soft detail. You've got a lot of work ahead of you.

The next thing that i fixed was the cockpit windows on the front nose, it was to small and the wrong shape so i fixed it. I also scribed some more panel lines in it.
001-36.jpg

003-47.jpg

004-37.jpg

That's the spirit! It's way more fun to take an imperfect kit & turn it into something special than just to get a perfect Moebius model & paint it!
(BTW, I really do love Moebius...:cool)

Moebies kit wasn't perfect either I did quite a bit of modification to that one as well ,but not as much as I'm doing to this one.

OK got some progress today. I glued the bridge onto the body And the engines to the back and scribed some panel lines. Had to use quite a bit of filler seeing that the bridge don't fit like i wanted it to but i think when I'm done it will look pretty good.

001-37.jpg

003-48.jpg

005-31.jpg

007-25.jpg

008-18.jpg

016-11.jpg

011-72.jpg

012-61.jpg

014-45.jpg

Well I got the main body done and ready for prime & paint. Trying to put as much detail in as possible seeing that the cast wasn't the best ,I also scribed in the panel lines as well.

003-49.jpg

004-38.jpg

006-18.jpg

Well I got the main body done and ready for prime & paint. Trying to put as much detail in as possible seeing that the cast wasn't the best ,I also scribed in the panel lines as well.
It's cleaning well! Good work! It'll be great, I can see it coming.:cool

Well today i got the solid pug in the bottom so i have to drill in to seeing that its hollow cast and i also worked on the external engines and the engine flaps which is a 2 piece assembly that i thought was pretty cool.

002-37.jpg

003-134.jpg

005-32.jpg

008-20.jpg

010-67.jpg

Here's some more progress shots from yesterday. Had to strip off the primer off the main body it cracked ,been redone and a couple coats of primer and a couple of color and taped up for the blue.
Also got painted the lower external engines painted and I'm starting on the rest today.

Body shots
001-38.jpg

002-38.jpg

009-18.jpg

010-68.jpg

External Engine:
006-19.jpg

014-46.jpg

012-62.jpg

011-73.jpg

007-26.jpg

Did a lot of painting on this today,don't know if I'm really happy with it, not looking as good as i had hoped for well see what it looks like when I'm finish. Kind of struggle with painting the gold pin strip (on such a small model), And the window color but i think what i have is what its going to end up being my with a little clean up.

000_0456.jpg

000_0459.jpg

000_0460.jpg

000_0461.jpg

000_0462.jpg

000_0464.jpg

Painted the engine flaps today, Lot of detail painting on these.
Here's a shot of the front and back of them.

001-40.jpg

005-33.jpg

Just wanted to say I've been following your BSG builds lately (I just bought and watched all four seasons of BSG a couple of months ago- and recently finished a Moebius Viper).

As with all of your projects I can't wait to see this one done! :thumbsup

Kevin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back