Four Foot UNSC Frigate

I am finally 1/3rd finished! (It looks like the frigate at the end of Halo III) I think i'll take a break from it today, get some other things done. ^^

9241-update-iv.jpg

Gobble Gobble everyone!

Made some decent progress on the stern's midsection and i'll hopefully have it finished and ready to paint by mid december. :]

9506-update-v.jpg

The stern section is really coming together now! After i have scored the details onto the thruster housings and added the remaining detail to the structural ribs, i can glue them together and start adding the outer layers.

I may have an idea for the ship's name: "WINTER OF DISCONTENT" ...what do you all think?

9576-update-vi.jpg

I'm quite excited, just two more weeks and i can start painting!

You'll notice some holes in the frigate, i made them so air can get into the enclosed structures and dry the glue. They will be covered up.

Also i'd like to thank everyone that has been leaving a comment behind, even if i don't respond to it, i do read them and greatly appreciate them. :]

9641-update-vii.jpg

There are still many details that need to be added (the bridge for one) before i can start painting, but this past month of work has produced what i can now call a Frigate.

Mooigha! :[ ]

9738-update-viii.jpg

Absolutely amazing. This would make an awesome model kit, which I'm shocked the companies haven't thought of yet.

Almost done! It sould be ready for the first coat of paint by sunday!
There are still a few details and some major pieces to be made and added, but overall it is nearly complete. I didn't update for the last two weeks because i ran into some problems with the bridge and had to re-build it, also i hadn't finished the missile hatches, so an update then would have been pointless. For this update i drained the color just to equalize it and give an idea of what it will look like with the first coat of paint.

For the Frigate's name, i've decided not to start a poll and to name it "Winter Of Discontent". Not that i wouldn't mind hearing other name ideas, but the name has really stuck with me and i can't see naming it anything else.

10069-update-ix.jpg

Amazing. I want to make something like this as a gift for my friend but I so don't have the patience...not to mention the space to store it until I get to visit lol.

Not really related to the frigate, but something i'm also working on in my spare time. It's the emblem i use for the Halo games, i made templates of it and after i finish sewing it, i'll sew it onto the other shoulder.

[Painting of the frigate will start monday]

10130-patch.jpg

Merry....er...After Christmas everyone!!! :[ ]

Well, construction on the Frigate just wraped up a half hour ago. Which brings the number of work hours to around 180. Tomorrow i'll be putting on two coats of silver spray paint, on thursday i'll brush the grey paint on, friday i'll paint the details and saturday the clear lacquer goes on. After which my nearly two month labor of love will finally be completed!!

I'll post pictures late tomorrow after the silver has been applied.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back