Found in Norway

Lukesfather

What do you think about this guys, an extra «forgot» to return his costume after the filming of the Hoth scenes on Finse in Norway.
IMG_2117.jpg

I think it's plausible. The production left a lot of stuff behind. I've heard that there would be large props at the bottom of Lake Finse. Things lost in the snow have been found in the summer. The hotel has got a hat and cloth mask.

Nice, might be real but I’m always cautious about those kinda stuff...and I’m far from being an expert...
Any more story behind this?

I will say the blaster... I've never seen one of the real ones up close.... but it looks legit, especially with the wear on the handle. The greeblies match, the scope mounts are part of the cast and it looks well beaten

The costume I can't say too much about, haven't had much time in that area of the hobby.

Are you able to share more pictures with more detail, or was this a single event you caught? :)

I wonder what the legalities of that would be, would Lucasfilm have a claim to it if the story is true and the extra walked off the set with it.

I will say the blaster... I've never seen one of the real ones up close.... but it looks legit, especially with the wear on the handle. The greeblies match, the scope mounts are part of the cast and it looks well beaten

The costume I can't say too much about, haven't had much time in that area of the hobby.

Are you able to share more pictures with more detail, or was this a single event you caught? :)

Im afraid not, i came across this last week on a Norwegian toy/nostalgia forum im a member of on Fb, i really think its legit, the OP on the forum is well known and not one to hoaks the group.
The photo looks wery much like taken in a Norwegian home.

I know of one Ewok that walked off with his costume, and still has it. With large cattle call days, lots of things walk off and on set.

And that's one of the Rebel soldier extra outfits from the trenches. I need to go back and check call sheets, but I don't know how many of the Hoth infantry scenes were second-unit, which tend to have more props and costumes walk off-set than first-unit.

If it is real. Document, document, document... photos, photos photos... scan or cast what you can....

Are there statues of limitations for this? I mean its been 40 yrs.. so i can't image they could be charged... i mean wasnt Obi Wans robe found in a theatre or something. I mean its not like an iconic piece like a lightsabre or something.

Looks pretty cool either way i hope it turns out to be genuine ...

Hero lightsabers have sold for hundreds of thousands after having vanished from set. Really curious what the laws are about this...

It seems rather complete to be a costume for a background player - depending on the distance from the camera, of course. If it was for a featured extra, it could be complete like this with all the stuff. The Blaster looks suspicious, though. I have to watch the Trench scenes to see what kit was issued to the extras.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back