Found 2 6" Argus Flashes - Soliciting Ideas

southcenter

Active Member
While at my parents house over the holidays, I found that they'd picked up 2 Argus Flash adapters. They knew that I've been looking for Graflex, but since these were only $5 at a garage sale, they figured they couldn't go wrong. Now I've got these two neat little 6" flashes that I can customize into something interesting. Anybody have any ideas?

Also, if there is perhaps a prop out there that these were used for and I just don't know it, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Patrick

Here are some pictures of what they look like:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
 

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Stick a salt shaker on top, cut out a nifty-looking emitter, and you got yourself a saber. B)

- k
 

Trallis

Well-Known Member
they look pretty sweet, but i'd say you should make the handle be about half of your hilt. get some other item to attach to it, and ad some kind of emitter
 

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
First I'd disassemble them...tale out all the guts and interesting screws and knobs etc...Alot of the insides you won't need but are great for later projects (small screws etc).

What I see when I think of those two is joining them...bottom handle, thin midsection, thick upper...Just place them end to end and you'll see what I mean...then add some interesting piece to the top end for an emitter...
 

southcenter

Active Member
Originally posted by Sporak@Jan 9 2006, 08:21 AM
First I'd disassemble them...tale out all the guts and interesting screws and knobs etc...Alot of the insides you won't need but are great for later projects (small screws etc).

What I see when I think of those two is joining them...bottom handle, thin midsection, thick upper...Just place them end to end and you'll see what I mean...then add some interesting piece to the top end for an emitter...
[snapback]1154063[/snapback]​
It's obvious with a flash attachment to want to make a saber, but I hadn't thought of this idea yet. Very interesting possibility. Thanks.
 

Capt MarVell

Well-Known Member
I almost used one of those as the basis for my McQuarrie Luke concept saber. Look here: http://galactic-voyage.com/images/SW%20Ral...0luke%20(2).jpg and notice the two rings at each end of the grip. Add a metal lens shade at one end like I did, and a metal cylinder at the other end, and you've got it. Just got to get those pins out of it. I'd go for something more McQuarrie-ish (one-handed dueling style) due to their size.

Custom droid caller is a good idea too, though.

Jim
 

southcenter

Active Member
Originally posted by Capt MarVell@Jan 10 2006, 04:09 AM
I almost used one of those as the basis for my McQuarrie Luke concept saber. Look here: http://galactic-voyage.com/images/SW%20Ral...0luke%20(2).jpg and notice the two rings at each end of the grip. Add a metal lens shade at one end like I did, and a metal cylinder at the other end, and you've got it. Just got to get those pins out of it. I'd go for something more McQuarrie-ish (one-handed dueling style) due to their size.

Custom droid caller is a good idea too, though.

Jim
[snapback]1154623[/snapback]​
This is another excellent idea. Now I'll just have to choose which project to do, yours or Sporaks? :)

Perhaps I need a third one so that I can do both... ;-)
 

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Haha, But don't you love dilemmas like this ;)

You could always use a tube of some sort for the upper...

Here's a machined one I did that kind of shows what I was saying...with a thinner middle...



Well, I got to goofing with this and came up with a few ideas ;)





And finally......

 

southcenter

Active Member
Originally posted by Sporak@Jan 10 2006, 03:45 PM
Haha, But don't you love dilemmas like this ;)

You could always use a tube of some sort for the upper...

Here's a machined one I did that kind of shows what I was saying...with a thinner middle...

Well, I got to goofing with this and came up with a few ideas ;)

And finally......


Pretty cool. I've been thinking maybe something like this:



What do you guys think?
 

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's just me, but I don't think they're appropriate for sabers. Kinda blah and plasticy. Just MO. :)
 

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Well...How about this one...this is a real Zeiss flash...I did very little to it...but I think it's pretty cool looking...




I like to think of this as Vaders "Barbell Saber" from the poster ;)

Black and chrome looks cool together...just fiddle with it till it looks good to YOU.
'Course, you could always put em side by side and make a pair of binoculars :lol
 

Capt MarVell

Well-Known Member
Hey, I've got one of those Zeiss flashes too. That's about the same thing I did with it. Slightly different clamp though, but I've been trying to find one like that one you have.

Looks good Sporak. I like simple, clean designs. And you're right, it does sort of resemble the barbell saber. I hadn't noticed that before.

Jim
 
Top