Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still hanging in there but I don’t know what’s going on , I don’t think it’s too much to ask after all this time for some clarification, I get this run has been a disaster but is there any light at the end Mimic? Or are you just waiting for us all to gradually throw in the towel?

I'm still here...

Attachments

• waiting.jpg
    waiting.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 131
I don’t understand why he avoids communicating anything in this thread like it’s the plague. Really glad to see refunds trickling back to people but why not make a status update after all that talk of being better at communication?

Good to see that there is a good chunk of us left. And People are getting their refunds. Will little of us left Mimic should (Pinch of salt) be able to get the rest of our armour if he was to pop on. Update us and Knuckle down and get it done. But my main guess is the armour is sat in a room somwhere gathering dust or is being passed from pillar to post or he is doing one armour per day but at a slow rate.

Hello,

So finally I have an update- I’ve nearly updated several times over the past few weeks but wanted to be at a point where I was certain of what is happening.

After a few people expressed concerns about having possibly a painted or kit version of the armor I threw everything I could to finding a solution to delivering the armor that was originally promised.

Over the last few weeks I’ve contacted everyone I could from resin suppliers, to manufactures Worldwide. I’ve tried countless trials and tests and finally I know I have an armor lay up that is superior to all that came before.

The last time I had started moving forward with casting and things were looking good I got as far as bonding the leg components along their permanent seams - but no matter what I could not get a bond that stood up to testing, if I had continued at that point producing and then sending them out many if not most of the seams would have failed eventually- probably whilst out trooping.
I had invested a lot into producing the armor in that way only to realise the parts were unusable after already casting a pile of leg components.

Unfortunately in trying to balance flexibility and heat resistance I created a material on those parts that just refused to adhere to anything once fully cured.

So seeing as we’re down to only about ten people still wanting this armor I went a no expense spared route- Its been a super difficult journey and I’ve spent the last two weeks alone just doing colour tests to try and get as bright of a white as possible.

The armor is flexible, lightweight, it resists solvents and heat, can be cut bonded filled and painted if necessary, it can be flatted and polished and finally is a good shade of white!

And now I happily can state that casting ALREADY began on Monday and is going well!

Fingers crossed everyone please -

Refunds continue to trickle out although will slow over the Christmas season as production amplifies.

Some juicier updates incoming soon.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

So I’ve spent most of the week casting thigh fronts and just started on the TD’s first one came out of the mould perfectly and the 2nd one is in there.

I just took a quick pic at the request of member Al May and he suggested I spots it here So I thought that was a good idea...

Casting started a little slow as it is very complicated, the resin mix has 8 different components in it at very random ratios so it gets confusing at times but the parts are great for it and pace is picking up...

The first TD in the final material below (not yet polished)...

Looks a better shade of white Paul, even not polished, sharp lines as always man, things look like they are on the up , keep going mate and keep is posted

Looks a better shade of white Paul, even not polished, sharp lines as always man, things look like they are on the up , keep going mate and keep is posted

Thank you Al- yeah balancing everything so the armor has the correct physical properties was one thing but then doing it and trying to get it come out bright white seemed close to impossible ( that was when I was suggesting possibly just giving up and having to paint it :/)
But I kept going and after many different combinations I finally got a pretty white :)

In fact it took a few weeks of tests just to get the cured colour to where it is... the handplate below left is where I started and the right is where I finally got it to...

671688FC-B461-4F2E-903B-FC70C40F1DF5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back